Problem with creating timed event?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with creating timed event?

I am new to HS and are trying to create an event where movement should trigger turning some lights on if it is NIGHTTIME.

Unfortunately my even runs and turns on the lights no matter what time it is.

I have structured it as two events - one for the movement that trigger another one that checks the time of day and turn on the actual lights - can it be some problem with this or what am I doing wrong?

I am attaching a picture that show my lighting even as well as the time (and the sunset/sunrise data) when the event was turning the lights on even though it should not have done so (i.e. when the time is between sunrise and sunset so not during night).

I run the latest version of HS3 for the Raspberry Pi.
    Attached Files

You might try just one event for on.
    1. if motion sensor changes and becomes motion
    2. andif the time is nighttime
    3. then turn on your devices

One event for off. something like:
    1. if time is 1 min past sunrise
    2. turn off same devices

Comment

Originally posted by tristpost View Post
      I am new to HS and are trying to create an event where movement should trigger turning some lights on if it is NIGHTTIME.

Unfortunately my even runs and turns on the lights no matter what time it is.

I have structured it as two events - one for the movement that trigger another one that checks the time of day and turn on the actual lights - can it be some problem with this or what am I doing wrong?

I am attaching a picture that show my lighting even as well as the time (and the sunset/sunrise data) when the event was turning the lights on even though it should not have done so (i.e. when the time is between sunrise and sunset so not during night).

I run the latest version of HS3 for the Raspberry Pi.
      I would suspect that your movement event that is calling "Conditionally Turn Lighting On" event is not using the advanced option "Run Only If Other Event Conditions are TRUE". The called event's conditions are ignored unless you specifically ask that they be honored. See this thread.

Your two event approach should work fine, but as Larry (cowinger) states, it could be a single event. It is only a matter of your preference.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Turning it into a single event worked...

... so I will look into the proposed option and see if I can make it work with the original two as well.

Thanks!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X