HS Support is crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS Support is crap

I emailed HS support regarding my devices not doing instant updates a few weeks ago but they never respond. Is this the norm for HS?

Originally posted by dannieboiz View Post
    I emailed HS support regarding my devices not doing instant updates a few weeks ago but they never respond. Is this the norm for HS?
    No. What devices? Do they support instant status?
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I only recall having to email HS support once with a question on my Hometroller S6; hardware which I purchased from them. The reply was prompt.

I recall when I installed my first zwave device. I too expected instant status updates when the device was controlled manually and was disappointed to find out it didn't. Later I discovered that not all devices support instant status; wish I'd known that at the start!
      HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
      Number of Devices: 1005
      Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

At this time NONE of my devices are reporting instantly.

However, the Schlage lock which is confirmed by HS in my other thread here confirms that it does support instant update.

I've tried their recommendation with no success. When I manually unlock the door it does update but if I let it autoclose it doesn't I had to bandaid it by setting a pole for every 5 minutes at the moment.

Comment

I find this forum to be an excellent source of help. Lots more eyes looking at anything you might need help on. It really helps too if you are clear and detailed about your environment and describe the problem well.

Are you paying for HS support?

Comment

Originally posted by logbuilder View Post
            I find this forum to be an excellent source of help. Lots more eyes looking at anything you might need help on. It really helps too if you are clear and detailed about your environment and describe the problem well.

Are you paying for HS support?
            I'm not paying additional for any support but I'd imagine, support should come standard if not for the first year the first 30-60 days. You can't just sell the software and leave customer hanging.

I agree that I've gotten a tremendous help from this community. I'm not completely bashing HS as I'm able to get this far in a short amount of time. If emailing support isn't the preferred method then I'd just stop contacting them. Just didn't like to be left hanging.

Comment

I'm not sure who you were working with but support/HomeSeer has been closed since the 22nd but should be back in the office tomorrow if you want to bump your ticket. It's going to take the support team several days to catch up so you will need to be patient as they catch up with the back log and new tickets.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
              X