How do I search events for a keyword?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I search events for a keyword?

I want to find all events that have a speak command in them. I recently added some new speaker clients and want to update the events accordingly. I don't see a way to find out which events call the speak command without going through all of them one by one and looking for it? Is there a way to search through the events? Thanks.

You could unfold all of your events and use the browsers search capabilities.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

You can select events that reference one (or several) devices, so if your speak events use a short list of devices that would be a way to narrow the list.

I don't know of any way HS allows you to search for key words. You could try expanding an event group, then search the screen with your browser for the key words.

I keep all my speaking events in one event group, which is another option, but not of much help for your situation.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Just to follow-up on this - I think this is a pretty important shortcoming. In HS2 I could use the browser search to look for keywords and find events. Not elegant, but it worked. To open up all of the events in the browser and then search in HS3 is beyond cumbersome. Perhaps an open all option at the top?

Here is one example of why this is an issue. Today I find that the device I set to indicate it is night (dusk to sleep) in our house is somehow deleted - not sure how that happened, but anyway.

It is referenced by multiple events that are now all looking for a device ref=92 which no longer exists. I recreated the device, but of course it has a different reference id. So now I have to go and open each event one by one to fix the numerous events that reference this device?

Comment

I agree. This would be a much welcomed feature.

Been there... done it!

Robert
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
            It is referenced by multiple events that are now all looking for a device ref=92 which no longer exists. I recreated the device, but of course it has a different reference id. So now I have to go and open each event one by one to fix the numerous events that reference this device?
            With 84 groups myself and 757 events, expanding groups to do the same is an arduous task.

Not having the search capability of HS2 in HS3 was something I was hoping would have been added by now.

I hacked a simple perl script where I export the Events table to a file. The event is not in a text format, rather a binary format (blob) and has been challenging to reverse engineer. While there is a some displayable text data, there isn't enough text data to be sufficient.
            Len

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
            Linux version: Linux homeseer Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64
            Number of Devices: 633
            Number of Events: 773

Enabled Plug-Ins
            2.0.54.0: BLBackup
            2.0.40.0: BLLAN
            3.0.0.48: EasyTrigger
            30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
            3.0.6.2: SDJ-Health
            3.0.0.87: weatherXML
            3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Comment

Seems like I keep having to rationalize HS3's shortcomings. This no search thing is ridiculous! I'm beginning to really miss HS2.

When one "upgrades" I think it's expected for features to be added... Not removed!

There should be big red letters before you hit the purchase butting saying something like:
              "If coming from HS2 - Warning!"
              "You'll have to start over from scratch!"
              "We couldn't figure out how to add back in some basic features included in previous versions!

Comment

Working...
              X