No Status string on new HS switches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Status string on new HS switches

After a couple of earlier erroneous posts on my part, here is my problem. I installed 10 new HS switches this summer. While all my older switches reflect the correct "Status" text, the new HS switches simply say "No Status". Otherwise the switches operate correctly, including showing the correct status icon. They have excellent connections and I have rescanned and optimized several times. The device's "Advanced" tab shows that the Status is "Off", but the String shows "No Status". Any ideas?
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
    2nd install with 1 Ethernet Z-net
    300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
    6 CT-100 tstats
    Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
    18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls

Originally posted by Sheriff
    After a couple of earlier erroneous posts on my part, here is my problem. I installed 10 new HS switches this summer. While all my older switches reflect the correct "Status" text, the new HS switches simply say "No Status". Otherwise the switches operate correctly, including showing the correct status icon. They have excellent connections and I have rescanned and optimized several times. The device's "Advanced" tab shows that the Status is "Off", but the String shows "No Status". Any ideas?
    Are you referring to the root device? What you are describing would be correct for a root device:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.png
Views:	1
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	1194596

The only status text that should change are on the binary or multilevel devices and the central scene. The root shouldn't change or have controls.

There is one problem I have discovered if you use "replace node" to replace an older switch which was a single device with a HomeSeer with a root and two child devices. In this case the rescanned device will retain controls on the root that were on the old devices, which is not correct. The only way I could cure that was to exclude and re-include the device.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks Randy, but now I'm confused. No, this was not a replacement install. Yes, I am apparently looking at the root device; my advanced tab looks like your image; what should I be looking at? Your post says that I should not have controls?? I do.
      HS4Pro on Windows 10
      6 CT-100 tstats

Comment

A HomeSeer dimmer or switch should have three devices, a root, a central scene and a binary or multilevel switch. Only the binary or multilevel child devices will have controls.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	1194597

Can you post a screenshot of one of yours with controls on the root?

Comment

Attached are three images, all pertaining to one device.
          1. The Home screen showing the device and controls. Note: icon always correctly reflects the device's status, but the text reflects "No Status".
          2. The device's Advanced tab. Though not attached, the Status Graphics tab has all of the setup expected for the controls and icons.
          3. The log following a re-scan. Though you indicate there are three devices associated with the HS switch, I am not sure if that is what the log shows. At any rate, I can only locate 2 devices: the root and central scene.
          Attached Files
          HS4Pro on Windows 10
          6 CT-100 tstats

Comment

Originally posted by Sheriff View Post
            Attached are three images, all pertaining to one device.
            1. The Home screen showing the device and controls. Note: icon always correctly reflects the device's status, but the text reflects "No Status".
            2. The device's Advanced tab. Though not attached, the Status Graphics tab has all of the setup expected for the controls and icons.
            3. The log following a re-scan. Though you indicate there are three devices associated with the HS switch, I am not sure if that is what the log shows. At any rate, I can only locate 2 devices: the root and central scene.
            This is what I would do, others may have different suggestions.
            1. If there are any events associated with the dimmer, filter the event list on the two devices (root and central scene) expand the events and print to a pdf or paper. This will allow you to manually edit the events for a new device when the RefID is changed.
            2. Exclude the device. This will remove the two devices from HomeSeer
            3. Restart HomeSeer
            4. Include the device
            5. Confirm That there is a Root and two child devices
            6. Edit the events to use the newly included device

Comment

I guess you are confirming that I seem to have had a problem with the setup, correct? If so, it is rather strange since I set up 10 of these switches over 2 or 3 days and they all set up the same way...weird, huh?

I'd love to hear if there are any other solutions since there are more than 80 events associated with these 10 switches and I can't quite face the brain damage associated with manually repairing them all. Not to mention that I don't have enough beer in the house...
              HS4Pro on Windows 10
              6 CT-100 tstats

Comment

Randy has patiently worked me through to this point, including a proposed repair (thank you, Randy), but I am hoping there might be another way that avoids manually repairing 80 events; any other ideas? I'm still a little mystified that 10 new HS switches, installed over several days, all installed incorrectly; has anyone else had such a problem?
                HS4Pro on Windows 10
                6 CT-100 tstats

Comment

Originally posted by Sheriff View Post
                  Randy has patiently worked me through to this point, including a proposed repair (thank you, Randy), but I am hoping there might be another way that avoids manually repairing 80 events; any other ideas? I'm still a little mystified that 10 new HS switches, installed over several days, all installed incorrectly; has anyone else had such a problem?

Comment

Working...
                  X