Feature request: include fractional seconds for timestamps in log view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When rendering Date/Time stamps in the HS3 log view, the highest resolution that is displayed is 1 second (ex: "Jan-01 3:22:19 PM"). It would be very helpful if the timestamp's fractional seconds were displayed (ex: "Jan-01 3:22:19.234 PM"). The data seems to already be present, just not displayed, as the HomeSeerLog.hsd database contains a Log_Time_Fraction field that appears to be in 100-nanosecond units (the highest-precision time unit on Windows).

Reasoning: If Event A and Event B both occur at "Jan-01 3:22:19 PM", I can only guess as to how much time has elapsed between the two events: between 0 and 0.999 seconds. In troubleshooting or debugging aspects of my smart home, the amount of time elapsing between two events can be extremely relevant. If I press a button in a UI (or on the wall), a delay of 0.75 seconds would be perceptible, where a delay of 0.05 or 0.1 seconds may not. Having visibility into the fractional seconds for timestamps in the logs would allow me to know what normal behavior looks like, and what "bad" timing might look like.

I was just looking at my log file and noticed that an initial Insteon event that triggered some HS events was showing up after the events in the log. I would really appreciate higher resolution time stamps as well.

Thanks,
    Patrick

Comment

Working...
    X