Occupancy problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Occupancy problem

Hey people, recently started fresh with raspbian stretch and hs3 version 368. All working well except my occupancy event. I use this for my other events and noticed it is constantly repeating when set to unoccupied when I view the logs. I used to use this exact setup on version 168 and can't remember having this issue. Maybe I just never checked.

The event is attached below. It makes it impossible to read the log as it happens every second for multiple sensors and I can't imagine it does my z wave health much good reporting this often. If anyone can help with a workaround whilst maintaining what I'm trying to achieve, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Attached Files

In the second event, your test for 'at least' 1 minute, will trigger once 60 seconds is reached and will continue to trigger over and over.

I would change it to trigger exactly at 1 minute. Or test some other device also such as whether the entryway device is already unoccupied.

Comment

Originally posted by Steaktastic87 View Post
      Hey people, recently started fresh with raspbian stretch and hs3 version 368. All working well except my occupancy event. I use this for my other events and noticed it is constantly repeating when set to unoccupied when I view the logs. I used to use this exact setup on version 168 and can't remember having this issue. Maybe I just never checked.

The event is attached below. It makes it impossible to read the log as it happens every second for multiple sensors and I can't imagine it does my z wave health much good reporting this often. If anyone can help with a workaround whilst maintaining what I'm trying to achieve, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks
      On your second event add a condition "AND IF Entryway Occupancy Occupancy Entryway has a value that is not equal to Unoccupied".
      Then go to the event option and set "Cannot Re-Run for: 30 seconds". The condition will kept from re-triggering after it runs once. Te way it is without the condition, it will re-trigger once a second forever as long as the motion sensor is at no motion. The Cannot Re-Run is another thing that will stop re-triggering if there is any latency in controlling the device.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Ah I feel like a moron now ha, never noticed I set it to atleast, that's what I get for copying my old events and I didn't even manage that successfully. Both good responses, either will work, and I like the latency adjustment in rprade suggestion. Thanks

Comment

That's an easy one to miss. No worries. You might feel your system runs faster.

Comment

Originally posted by Steaktastic87 View Post
            Ah I feel like a moron now ha, never noticed I set it to atleast, that's what I get for copying my old events and I didn't even manage that successfully. Both good responses, either will work, and I like the latency adjustment in rprade suggestion. Thanks
            I like "At least" for this kind of event, because it will get everything synchronized should you restart HomeSeer with the motion sensor in one state and motion occurs or ends in the interim. Obviously it will synchronize the next time it sees motion, but I try to think of the possibility that our automation is not always running and build my events to self correct after a restart whenever possible.
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
            X