No announcement yet.

How do I work with associations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just opened up the z-wave tab>info for both devices side by side and they're pretty much identical.
    Application version, firmeware, z-wave lib version, hardware version, meter type, meter scales etc etc all identical.

When I Audit both, again they're essentially identical including the associations it spits out.

Interestingly both say "Dimmable: No" but given both do dim, I'll ignore that

Other annoying thing is all the devices seem to have 3 unknown red question mark icons to them:
    This is for the :
    1. Heat Notification
    2. Management Notification
    3. System Notification

But again this is a red-herring given two of them work fine in terms of meter notifications and two do not.

I did have tech support mail me yesterday requesting more information and I'll open up remote access for them to check so lets see what they find.

Comment

Originally posted by aj84 View Post
      Other annoying thing is all the devices seem to have 3 unknown red question mark icons to them:
      This is for the :
      1. Heat Notification
      2. Management Notification
      3. System Notification
      That's because they have not yet reported any problems (and that's a good thing). I usually just hide these devices.

How many active (non-battery) nodes do you have in the network?
      If it's less than 20-30 (but this varies with the size of your house/apartment), you should first run Optimize and then Full Optimize on each node.

HomeSeer kan optimize the complete network for you, you don't have to do it one by one.
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Ah! I thought Unknown meant it was not setup properly - you won't believe the number of times I excluded/included the very first time I was trialling HS3 and gave up in the end to make the unknown happy

Non-battery:
        6 Fibaro dimmer 2 modules (1 is set to on/off only)
        2 Fibaro 2x relays
        7 Fibaro 1x Relays
        6 plugs (various brands)

I'm sure there are a few I've forgotten about but they're the main ones.

So to get the two working as per your instruction, this is the process that got them working:

1. Remove polling
        2. Remove all 5 associations
        3. Click Update
        4. Add 1 association: Group 1: HS3 (ID: 1), no endpoints
        5. Click Update
        6. Optimize 3 times
        7. Full Optimize once
        8. Test Switch

But I guess doing it on all devices won't hurt so happy to do this tonight or if I get a chance via work.

Is the Z-wave optimze all recommended?

Comment

Full Opt done - no change
          Removed assoc for one of them, readded as per the step by step I listed earlier, no change

Comment

You don't need to optimize 3 times anymore, that was the rule for HomeSeer version 2. Now it's just one Optimize and one Full Optimize. According to HS Support, I've asked.

This really does not make sense.

Are all connected the same way?
            Are you using 2-wire or 3-wire connection?
            Are you using the Bypass?
            What kind of bulbs?

... and are all firmware 3.5?

... and perhaps most important: Have you updated to the latest Beta of the Z-wave plugin? It includes some fixes for the Fibaro relays so that they report status correctly (versions higher than .208 should be OK).
            HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Interesting! To be honest, most of the time it was because I'd forget I hit Optimise (yes despite the completed successfully message haha)

This really does not make sense.
              >>>Now you know my frustration!

Are all connected the same way?
              >>>Exactly the same. The house is a new build so wiring is identical all over.
              Are you using 2-wire or 3-wire connection?
              >>>3 Wire. Being a new build, all sockets have the blue neutral available which was nice.
              Are you using the Bypass?
              >>>Nope - no need as most rooms have more than the 40w or whatever the minimum is.
              What kind of bulbs?
              >>> Of the 4 rooms if we just concentrate on them...
              1. Master bedroom have a set of 5 G9 bulbs (40w each) - This works fine
              2. Guest room - Standard 50w bulb - This works fine
              3. Office - Standard 50w bulb - not working
              4. Wardrobe: Standard 50w bulb - not working

... and are all firmware 3.5?
              >>>Yes. As I had a Fibaro brain before, they were all updated together at the same time.

By the way, when I first moved over, I still had Fibaro HC2 and so when I first noticed the issue, I thought maybe the module was bad. I removed it from HS and readded to Fibaro...Metering worked fine.
              Moved back to HS, no metering so I think I am happy the module works fine.

I did try the latest beta with no change. Support then told me to go back to the most stable one so thats what it is on as of this morning

Happy to go back to a higher version of Beta if you have more thoughts on tests

Comment

You know, I'm lost.

But just a last question: What kind of Z-wave interface do you have?

Comment

Thanks for trying - just making me try the associations again has at the very least got two working as they should.

It's a z-net (homeseer) UK
                  https://shop.homeseer.com/products/h...e-interface-uk

as I've now decided to open up every socket and unpair/repair and essentially start from a fresh install, I have a aeotec z-stick so I guess I can mess around with one fibaro dimmer with that and the znet to see if it works on either of them once removed/readded.

I guess if it does work with z-stick, it could be the z-net at fault (doubtful) but equally I can't do anything about it as I need to use a network interface

Comment

Working...
                  X