Restoring HS3 from a backup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restoring HS3 from a backup

Somehow during a server crash I lost most of my HS3 events. Can someone tell me how to restore them?
    I have in my Homeseer HS3/Data folder many different HomeSeerDataXXXX.hsd files as well as HomeSeerData_convertedXXXX.hsd files.
    I then have back ups in my Homeseer HS3/ConfigBackup folder.
    Should I just replace the entire Data folder, or replace some of the files named above inside the Data folder?
    Thank you for your insights.
    Jono

The first thing I would try is to shut down HS, then sort the /Data folder by date. Your current data file will be the hsd file with the most recent date, presumably today. The backup files of interest will have the same name, but with a '_n' appended. Identify the file saved most recently, but prior to the crash.

Change the name of your current hsd file (so you can go back to it if you need to). I just change .hsd to .old. If you do that you will get a warning that you can accept.

Next, delete the '_n' from the name of the backup file you want to try so it will replace the corrupted file.

Restart HS.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thank you Uncle Michael. That worked. In my case it appears the "converted" files were the ones that matter. I assume mine are labeled that way from when I upgraded from HS2 to HS3.

Comment

Working...
      X