Sigma switch binary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sigma switch binary

Any idea what this might be? i started with a zwave stick... and thought it might be some remnant of that before i moved to a znet.

Also... you would think i'd know this...but how the heck do you search on this forum for multiple words?

Neither of these worked:
    "Sigma switch binary"
    sigma+switch+binary

embarrassed i don't know this... :-)
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
    Any idea what this might be? i started with a zwave stick... and thought it might be some remnant of that before i moved to a znet.

Also... you would think i'd know this...but how the heck do you search on this forum for multiple words?

Neither of these worked:
    "Sigma switch binary"
    sigma+switch+binary

embarrassed i don't know this... :-)
    On the Z-Wave tab, is there a node number assigned?

For searching the forum, Google is your friend:

If you are using the Google toolbar in IE just put the terms in the search box. If you are using Chrome, you can put the terms in the address bar.

If you don't use Chrome or have a toolbar just bookmark www.google.com then type in the search terms in the Google search bar.

It is best to arrange it this way:
    site:board.homeseer.com
    followed by words, phrases, etc.

If you follow the above with "social media" you will find posts that only contain that exact phrase.

If you follow the above without quotes social media you will find posts that contain either word.

If you follow the above without quotes and the "+" symbol social+media you will find posts that contain both words, but not necessarily together.

The list of search usage punctuation and symbols is here

Lastly you can bookmark a search like this then just edit the text for the terms you are looking for. The bookmark will create a page like this where you just need to edit the keywords and click on the search button.

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      On the Z-Wave tab, is there a node number assigned?
      Yep... Node 21. checked... can't seem to find anything that tells me more about it.

thanks for the search help. and here i was just using the search tab in the forum :-)

You know i work at MS.... is there a bing equivalent? :-) LOL
      Attached Files

Comment

Yep... Node 21. checked... can't seem to find anything that tells me more about it.

thanks for the search help. and here i was just using the search tab in the forum :-)

You know i work at MS.... is there a bing equivalent? :-) LOL
        I would go to the Z-Wave tab and "Test Connectivity". If it is able to communicate then rescan it and see if it populates with the proper device properties. If it does not connect, I would probably delete the device from HS, then go to the Z-Wave controller and "Import Node info from Controller and Scan Devices" and see if it recreates it. If the Import finds nothing, the node is not in the controller and you are done.

Comment

I would go to the Z-Wave tab and "Test Connectivity". If it is able to communicate then rescan it and see if it populates with the proper device properties. If it does not connect, I would probably delete the device from HS, then go to the Z-Wave controller and "Import Node info from Controller and Scan Devices" and see if it recreates it. If the Import finds nothing, the node is not in the controller and you are done.
          smart...

did all that. nothing came from the connect info... but after deleting, and then importing... it came back.

hmm....

Comment

smart...

did all that. nothing came from the connect info... but after deleting, and then importing... it came back.

hmm....
            It could be a battery device or just a node that didn't get deleted. If you don't know of anything missing, go to the Z-Wave tab and "Remove Bad Node". That should delete it from the controller and HS.

Comment

It could be a battery device or just a node that didn't get deleted. If you don't know of anything missing, go to the Z-Wave tab and "Remove Bad Node". That should delete it from the controller and HS.
              Thanks.... tried that and seems to have worked and system seems ok. but this worries me a bit: (first was scan, then removal).

Feb-04 10:48:28 AM

Error
              Calling PlugConfigDevicePost in plugin Z-Wave->Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
              Feb-04 10:48:26 AM

Z-Wave
              Wine Closet Z-Net: Controller firmware version: 4.32
              Feb-04 10:48:26 AM

Z-Wave
              Wine Closet Z-Net: Controller Manufacturer: Express Controls, ID=0x2, Type=0x5
              Feb-04 10:48:24 AM

Z-Wave
              Wine Closet Z-Net: Node 21 was removed from interface Wine Closet Z-Net.
              Feb-04 10:48:22 AM

Z-Wave Warning
              Error getting version information for node 21, Send failed.
              Feb-04 10:47:24 AM

Z-Wave
              Node: 21 Supports Class(es): SWITCH_BINARY, SWITCH_ALL, POWERLEVEL, CONFIGURATION_V4, VERSION_V2, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, NODE_NAMING

Comment

I have the exact same issue

Comment

Same here...I now have five old sigma switches still showing up in my device list and node list. I test for connectivity--all come back failed. I then try to remove the failed node...always comes back as still communicating, not removed. If I delete them from the device list, they come back. ALL of them have been taken out of my network and replaced by other zwave outlet devices and are long since in a trash heap somewhere. But they don't die.... On a node list, they show up as having routes from the base zwave interface as well as one to three other devices on the network. This lasts after numerous complete system full optimizations of all nodes.

Other than hand editing some data we normally don't have access to, any ideas to get rid of these?

Comment

Working...
                  X