Log Stops showing events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Log Stops showing events

I noticed that the log showed a change in events up to 11 PM last night. There has been no entries up to now and if you turn on a light or anything it does not show up. I have log on auto update as well.

I had to reboot HS3 (402) to get it to show them again. All events from 11 PM last night until now were lost. z-wave is 190.

Anyone seen this happen? thanks

I have had this happen to me a number of times now. Did you ever find a solution?

Comment

Yes I have seen this several times over the last few months. I'm on .470, but it has been happening for many versions back. The only way I have been able to get it going again is normally to restart or reboot.

Jeff

Comment

Same here. A restart of HS is required for me to get logging back. Upon viewing the log after restarting HS, I can see a gap in the log entries. Logging simply stops for some reason. The log page is always accessible in the web UI, but entries stop getting added for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
          Same here. A restart of HS is required for me to get logging back. Upon viewing the log after restarting HS, I can see a gap in the log entries. Logging simply stops for some reason. The log page is always accessible in the web UI, but entries stop getting added for some reason.
          Are you guys sure that you have the date range in the filter set properly? If you might have select a date of yesterday: and it will look like the log stopped updating...
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
          Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
          weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Yes I thought about the date range as well, but in fact when the issue happens it won't even show the current date if it has crossed midnight since the problem started. Well funny enough I went to check the log while replying to this and it seems to have stopped just today at 09:01:12. The date range shows 09/4/2018 at 2pm to 9/6/2018 at 23:59, but it doesn't show anything after 09:01:12. If I reset the view or clear the view it doesn't help. So if I don't restart HS before the 7th the log page for HS will only show the 6th as the last possible option.

What's also interesting is that even though the HS log has stopped updating if I check Ultralog it is still getting updates so I can see the information. But the HS log won't start working again until I cycle HS.

Jeff

Comment

And SDJ-Health won’t update. It’s happened to me for the first time.
              Michael

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.470 | 849 devices | 349 events | OpenSprinkler | BLShutdown | EasyTrigger | NetCAM | Harmony Hub | Sonos | SDJ-Health | BLUPS | PHLocation | BLBackup | BLLock | Z-Wave 3.0.1.243 | weatherXML | Pushover 3P | Blue-Iris | AirPlaySpeak

Comment

I left HS running until after midnight just to grab an example screenshot of the Date Range drop down showing that the option for the 7th isn't there:

Jeff

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cerjzc View Post
                  Yes I thought about the date range as well, but in fact when the issue happens it won't even show the current date if it has crossed midnight since the problem started. Well funny enough I went to check the log while replying to this and it seems to have stopped just today at 09:01:12. The date range shows 09/4/2018 at 2pm to 9/6/2018 at 23:59, but it doesn't show anything after 09:01:12. If I reset the view or clear the view it doesn't help. So if I don't restart HS before the 7th the log page for HS will only show the 6th as the last possible option.

What's also interesting is that even though the HS log has stopped updating if I check Ultralog it is still getting updates so I can see the information. But the HS log won't start working again until I cycle HS.

Jeff
                  I'm on .435 and also noticed that the HS logging is stopping frequently.

Ultralog is still getting updates when the HS3 log stopped.

---
                  John

Comment

I renamed my HomeSeerLog.hsd file to allow HS to create a new one in hopes that fixes this problem. Hard to know how long I need to wait to tell if it worked, but I'll report back immediately if logging stops again.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
                      I noticed that the log showed a change in events up to 11 PM last night. There has been no entries up to now and if you turn on a light or anything it does not show up. I have log on auto update as well.

I had to reboot HS3 (402) to get it to show them again. All events from 11 PM last night until now were lost. z-wave is 190.

Anyone seen this happen? thanks
                      I think it will be helpfull if everyone with this issue will report the following:
                      • Version of HS3
                      • Maximum allowed log size

Lets start:
                      500 MB

---
                      John

Comment

Must be something to do with the size. I only have mine set to 50MB as I could care less on keeping more. Never seen an issue on .435 myself.

Robert
                        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Mine was set to only 15 MB and I've seen the issue on .435

Comment

Same problem here on .435.
                            When I put the Max log size on 50 Mb it stops there, on 100 Mb the log will stop shortly after 100 Mb (see log below, after these entries no logging anymore).
                            Renaming/new log file doesn't work.
                            Maybe something to do with older log entries? Are they not deleted from the log automatically anymore?

sep-11 3:35:01 Arduino Plugin New UDP Text Recieved = Alive 2
                            sep-11 3:35:01 Arduino Plugin Data Received:Alive 2
                            sep-11 3:35:01 Arduino Plugin Keeping Board: 2 Alive.
                            sep-11 3:35:01 Log Info The log database is currently 102,17MB in size.
                            sep-11 3:35:01 Arduino Plugin Sent to IP:192.168.178.101 Port No:86 = 2 K ,Keep Alive Command

Comment

I too have logging issues as well... after about 5 minutes from startup logging stop collecting. I've tried going from 50-200mb but nothing works.

Comment

Working...
                              X