No announcement yet.

Log Stops showing events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just installed 3.0.0.520 to hopefully get rid of some database errors. the startup log showed the following messages which I have never seen before. Strange thing is that the warnings refer to the EZFLORA PI which at the moment is disabled.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ezflora warning.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	1292055

Comment

• Yes, HS now checks all your devices to make sure the parent/child relationship is as we expect. Some plugins are not setting it correctly. In some case the relationship is damaged. In build 521 there is a new button on the Labs tab that fixes the relationship. I am not sure yet if this "fix" might break some plugins. If you devices are Z-Wave devices then the fix should be ok.

Originally posted by field888 View Post
      I just installed 3.0.0.520 to hopefully get rid of some database errors. the startup log showed the following messages which I have never seen before. Strange thing is that the warnings refer to the EZFLORA PI which at the moment is disabled.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ezflora warning.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	1292055
      website | buy now | support | youtube

Comment

• Originally posted by rjh View Post
        I believe I have found the issue and it should be fixed in build 520. The thread that handles the log writes was existing do to not being able to write to the DB (only under certain conditions). A fix has been added to keep the thread from exiting. I also made a change that caches log entries if the DB is not available (rather than losing them). So when the DB comes back they are written. This way log entries are not lost.

Here is the Windows build:

http://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_520.msi

Let me know how it goes!
        Looking good rjh . Now when I see DB lock errors (when something else is accessing the log file), logging continues. Many thanks for figuring this out.

Comment

Working...
        X