Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All devices and event gone overnight.

Hi guys,

So I woke up this morning and my HS3 is out of order..

Somehow all devices and all events are gone. Only devices I have left are related to plugins.

I use BLBackup so hopefully I ma not completely doomed. Before I try to restore any backup I was wondering if there is any way to figure out how this has happened and what would be the easiest way to get all devices and events back up and running. HS3 appears to be up and running just fine with all setup information intact.

Can you guys give me some ideas or suggestion where I should start? I don't want to create extra unnecessary work for myself.

Thanks Charles.

Check to ensure HS3 loaded your correct configuration file using Tools > Setup > General Tab. If HS3 crashes it may loose the pointer to this file and load another file.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Charles_cz View Post
      Hi guys,

So I woke up this morning and my HS3 is out of order..

Somehow all devices and all events are gone. Only devices I have left are related to plugins.

I use BLBackup so hopefully I ma not completely doomed. Before I try to restore any backup I was wondering if there is any way to figure out how this has happened and what would be the easiest way to get all devices and events back up and running. HS3 appears to be up and running just fine with all setup information intact.

Can you guys give me some ideas or suggestion where I should start? I don't want to create extra unnecessary work for myself.

Thanks Charles.
      You likely have a corrupted data file. You should be able to shutdown and restore just the backup of the data file.

HomeSeer also creates a backup of this file every time it is started. There are 10 iterations of the backup. If your data file is HomeSeerData.hsd, there will be ten more versions stored with _1 - _10 appended to the file name. These are in the \data subdirectory. The numbering is not necessarily chronological, so you will need to look at the timestamp of the backups and pick one from a date just before the failure.

With either method you will have to go back to an earlier database file that was saved before the failure. You can test earlier databases by selecting one of the backups from the general tab of Setup. Just use the config file dropdown and select a different file. If you use one of the backups HomeSeer created, it would be my advise to delete the corrupted file and rename the backup without the appended backup iteration (_1 - _10) or else your next backups will have the iterations appended again resulting in a file name such as HomeSeerData_7_1.hsd.
      Randy Prade
      Aurora, CO
      Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Hi Rupp,
        Yes, it is showing correct config file name.. When I check config file size from last night back it was 3.784KB

Current config file size is only 435KB

Is it OK to copy just config file from last night back to replace existing probably corrupted one?

Is all missing information devices and events in config file?

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        Check to ensure HS3 loaded your correct configuration file using Tools > Setup > General Tab. If HS3 crashes it may loose the pointer to this file and load another file.

Comment

Hi Randy and Rupp, I replaced config file with one from last night and all is good. So I guess it was just corrupted file and I should not read more into it?

I just hate when something happens and I don't what caused it. Obviously corrupted file is easy explanation and hopefully that's all it was.

PS: Randy, sending thanks from Evergreen.. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Charles_cz View Post
            Hi Randy and Rupp, I replaced config file with one from last night and all is good. So I guess it was just corrupted file and I should not read more into it?

I just hate when something happens and I don't what caused it. Obviously corrupted file is easy explanation and hopefully that's all it was.

PS: Randy, sending thanks from Evergreen.. :-)
            You're welcome. Usually a corrupted file is caused by a disorderly shutdown of HS. I have seen reports of it happening in use, but the only time it happened to me was when the server lost power while HomeSeer was running.
            Randy Prade
            Aurora, CO
            Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

This one is running on laptop so power loss is unlikely cause but I as long it's isolated incident it is ok with me..

Comment

Just wanted to say that this ended an OCD nightmare today

Comment

Working...
                X