Turning Bluetooth off and on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turning Bluetooth off and on

I'm looking for a way to have Homeseer HS3 turn off Bluetooth and then turn it back on again. Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this?
    I'm using Windows 10.

I have a Powershell script that does it and it works when I kick it off from a batch file but it fails when I execute the batch file from HS3. I have no experience with Powershell so I'm flummoxed. Perhaps there are some Powershell experts out there who could help?

Thanks
    Jez

Sounds like a Windows user rights issue. Are the windows users the same in both scenarios you describe above?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Create a Windows shortcut to the BAT file and set that to run as an Administrator. Then get Homeseer to run the shortcut.
        Jon

Comment

Good suggestion but no, it still fails.

Comment

Are you running Homeseer as an administrator?
            Jon

Comment

Yup. Just tried that as well.

This is the Powershell code which is in script bluetoothOff.ps1. Excuse the extraneous bits.....

Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Scope Process
              Get-ExecutionPolicy -List

$BluetoothStatus = "Off"

#If ((Get-Service bthserv).Status -eq 'Stopped') { Start-Service bthserv }
              Add-Type -AssemblyName System.Runtime.WindowsRuntime
              $asTaskGeneric = ([System.WindowsRuntimeSystemExtensions].GetMethods() | ? { $_.Name -eq 'AsTask' -and $_.GetParameters().Count -eq 1 -and $_.GetParameters()[0].ParameterType.Name -eq 'IAsyncOperation`1' })[0]
              Function Await($WinRtTask, $ResultType) {
              $asTask = $asTaskGeneric.MakeGenericMethod($ResultType)
              $netTask = $asTask.Invoke($null, @($WinRtTask))
              $netTask.Wait(-1)
              $netTask.Result
              }
              [Windows.Devices.Radios.Radio,Windows.System.Devices,ContentT ype=WindowsRuntime]
              [Windows.Devices.Radios.RadioAccessStatus,Windows.System.Devi ces,ContentType=WindowsRuntime]
              Await ([Windows.Devices.Radios.Radio]::RequestAccessAsync()) ([Windows.Devices.Radios.RadioAccessStatus])
              $radios = Await ([Windows.Devices.Radios.Radio]::GetRadiosAsync()) ([System.Collections.Generic.IReadOnlyList[Windows.Devices.Radios.Radio]])
              $radios
              $bluetooth = $radios | ? { $_.Kind -eq 'Bluetooth' }
              [Windows.Devices.Radios.RadioState,Windows.System.Devices,Con tentType=WindowsRuntime]
              Await ($bluetooth.SetStateAsync($BluetoothStatus)) ([Windows.Devices.Radios.RadioAccessStatus])

BluetoothOff.ps1 is executed by jongo.bat which contains.....
              C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell -noexit -executionpolicy Bypass c:\data\scripts\bluetoothOff.ps1

- Run the batch from Windows Explorer and it turns off Bluetooth.
              - Execute it from HS3 and I get:
              You cannot call a method on a null-valued expression.
              At C:\data\scripts\bluetoothOff.ps1:22 char:1
              + Await ($bluetooth.SetStateAsync($BluetoothStatus)) ([Windows.Devices. ...
              + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
              + CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: ( [], RuntimeException
              + FullyQualifiedErrorId : InvokeMethodOnNull

I suspect its to do with the execution policy but I'm stumped. Any help gratefully received.

Comment

Working...
              X