Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Node did not provide Wake-Up Command Class information?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Node did not provide Wake-Up Command Class information?

Hello everyone,

I've been using HomeSeer for a bit now. Previously I was using InControlHA (Axial Server) which was working great until I started adding additional sensors and starting seeing problems.

I have questions around one node in particular:
    Node 10 is a ZooZ 4in1 sensor (Temperature, Humidity, Luminosity, Motion)

It reports motion if I wave my hand in front by updating the last time, so that is great and tells me yes it works and yes there is communication to the controller. However, it does not provide me with any other information - And the main reason I set this up is to report temperature, which it is not doing.

I've tried attempting to set it to poll the device every 5 minutes, let it sit for a day, and look to see the results, and was disappointed in the results (It returned blank, nada, zilch, nothing).

When I try to do a full scan from the controller, I see this:
    Node: 10 Supports Secure Class(es): VERSION_V2, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, ASSOCIATION_V2, ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO_V2, POWERLEVEL, BATTERY, NOTIFICATION_V6, SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V7, CONFIGURATION_V4, WAKE_UP, FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD_V2
    Node 10 is Z-Wave version: Lib: 4.54 App: 17.9
    Node 10 is a Z-Wave Plus node. Retrieving ZWPlus Info...
    Error: Node 10 did not provide Wake-Up Command Class information - it will not be processed further.

So my questions are:
    1) Is this error normal for certain Z-Wave devices?
    2) Any tips/tricks on what I can do to get it to poll/report on the temperature?

All of my other Z-Wave devices are working normally.

Thank you for your help!
    Sean

I think you are referring to the ZSE40. You can try this. Exclude it again and when you include it again place it within 6 in of the controller. When it is finished it should show 6 devices, 1 main and 5 child devices. After it includes it should say it created 5 out of 5 devices. On the UI make sure you press the 'show all' in the upper right corner.

I am an old axial control person myself.

Set the main device (gear symbol) to 12 hrs (blue text link) and the battery (blue text link) to say 11hrs and uncheck "Do not update device last change time if device value does not change" if it is checked.

Also which controller are you using?

EDIT: I forgot one thing. When you include this device you must press the button thru the small with a thin paper clip 3 times fast and then hit the start button immediately.

Comment

I'm using the Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5 Z-Wave Plus USB controller.
      Personally, I think it works great and do not believe this to be my issue, but I could be wrong.

This is what I see:

Unfortunately once I click in to the links as you mentioned I'm not able to find the settings you are referring too.

Comment

Comment

Looks like my previous reply did not go through. Yes, it is the ZSE40 model, and as the controller it is an Aeon Gen5 Zwave+ USB.

I am not sure what you are asking to be honest - This is what I see: https://i.imgur.com/ZFRtDlg.png

If I go into any of the blue links, I am not able to see the option you are referring too.

Comment

Comment

1. click on server 4in1 - temp sensor blue link
              2. click on z-wave tab
              3. click on edit icon next to time to the right of Polling Interval and change to 12 hrs
              4. click on battery blue link
              5. click on z-wave tab
              6. click on edit icon next to time to the right of Polling Interval and change to something like 11 hrs. Anything less than 12 hrs but greater than 6.

Your controller is fine I just wanted to know so I was giving you the right info.

The battery could take up to 24 hrs to report. Home Security is what you will see change for motion.

Comment

The 4in1 temp sensor was set to poll every 5 minutes. I changed it to 12 hours per your suggestion. The battery was at 12 which I changed to 11 per your recommendation. I'll let it sit for a day or so and hopefully I will start to see data reported in?

Thank you for your help.

Comment

Your welcome. I have a bunch of Zooz devices. Some of them will not report any child devices unless one of them changes. So if light changes then it will report the other 3 as well or if motion changes it will report the other 3 as well. Battery change is independent.

For instance the ZSE09 will not report light level unless the motion is tripped first. I was using one to turn on my living room lights based on light level and I came home to a dark house until I tripped it and then the lights came on.

Comment

Being that we have the same sensor.. I figured I would ask.

So your suggestions did work, so first off, thank you!
                    My question is, it looks like it only updated once. Is this normal/to be expected?

Being in a basement, I do not expect the temp to fluctuate frequently, but I was hoping it would give me readings at least every few hours. I wanted to pipe those readings to a DB and use Grafana to display on a dashboard. So I'm still not out of the gate yet from a solution aspect.

Thanks again,
                    Sean

Comment

The temp will flash every 3 hrs and a color is shown for what temp level it is at (see manual). It should give a temp reading if it changes more than a few degrees. They really don't specify what that number is. The humidity is based on percent so if it is at default then it takes a 10% change in the humidity before it sends a reading and that parameter can be changed. The light is the same as humidity, a default 10% change and that parameter can also be changed.

Either the humidity or light or both were only adjustable down to 5%, I can't remember. The motion is based on a parameter to set the motion time it takes to go to no-motion and there is also a parameter that sets the sensitivity.

Light, Temp and Humidity can take up to a few minutes to show a change after the 10% or whatever it is set at to make a change in the reading.

The ZSE40 can be a little difficult to get it to change parameters. Hold it close to the controller (a few in) and immediately after you press the set button you must press the button through the small hole on the side with a thin paper clip. It can take several tries to get it to change a parameter.

Comment

Working...
                      X