dumb question ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dumb question ???

Let say we have an event that triggers on mouvement and turn on a light.

if mouvement detected in room
    then turn on light

Does the z-wave plugin check if the light is On before sending the On command ????

Having optimisation in mind how (without a script) how can we avoid z-wave traffic and device solicitation ?

You could add an "And If" condition to your event for the situation where the light is on/off to keep from sending Z-Wave traffic.

E.g. And If the light is off, Then send On command

Comment

With my lighting here do and I don't check.

Just redid my garage lighting (all LED and very daylight like 24/7 if needed) to triggering on any door (garage doors, house entrance doors or exterior door) versus using the PIR(s). Fixes the spider issues and I do not think there are apparitions living in the garage. Using a script with flags to stop the timing or chatty kathy stuff.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by NetworkGuy View Post
        You could add an "And If" condition to your event for the situation where the light is on/off to keep from sending Z-Wave traffic.

E.g. And If the light is off, Then send On command
        I know about the And If but should have been more specific, here is my case

IF Motion_kitchen changes and becomes Motion
        AND IF The Group Conditions are all TRUE
        AND IF The time is daytime (after sunrise, before sunset).
        Then Set Timer Delai ON Kitchen_Light to time 0 Seconds
        Then Start Timer Delai ON Kitchen_light
        Then Run the script:Check_If_light_On.vb

setting the timer is NOT dependant of the light state so this is why I can't use the And If, I had to build a script that use CAPI to get the switch state and turn it on if it's off but I am wondering what is the more system efficient, running a script that check if it is on or let the z-wave send traffic and turn on the switch even if it is already On

Comment

Originally posted by goldriver View Post
          setting the timer is NOT dependant of the light state so this is why I can't use the And If, I had to build a script that use CAPI to get the switch state and turn it on if it's off
          If the script does what you want, that is a good option, but for completeness, you should also be aware that you could use an event to do the checking. Instead of running a script, the last action could be to trigger an event if the event conditions are true. The new event would have a manual trigger and a condition that the light is not on. It's action would be to turn the light on.
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
            If the script does what you want, that is a good option, but for completeness, you should also be aware that you could use an event to do the checking. Instead of running a script, the last action could be to trigger an event if the event conditions are true. The new event would have a manual trigger and a condition that the light is not on. It's action would be to turn the light on.

Comment

Working...
            X