Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you change the PORT for HS3 - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you change the PORT for HS3 - Solved!

My system decided to stop responding the other day, so I went into the web interface and restarted the Zwave+ stick (as this has fixed the issue before) and yes, this fixed the issue.... i then restarted the PC, and now I'm getting an error coming up as the Port is already in use and I can not access the web interface any longer.

Per the instructions on the Homeseer site I turned off Windows firewall, that did nothing... i then went to: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Config and opened the settings.ini file, but there is no port line in there to change... this is the contents of the ini:
    ---
    [Settings]
    gLastShutdownOK=False
    gFirstTimeRun=False
    gConfigFilename=HomeSeerData.hsd
    gLocLabel=Room
    gLocLabel2=Floor
    bUseLocation2=True
    bLocationFirst=False
    gLongitude=50.03
    gLatitude=20.22
    SADProc=True
    RateUpdated=True
    gLastRunVersion=3.0.0.368
    [Display]
    gSelectedGroupWeb=All Groups
    ---

so what do i need to do to change the port?

I installed Blue Iris on the machine the day earlier, but it did not effect HS3 at that time after restarting... and just to be safe, i went ahead and Uninstalled Blue Iris, restarted and still having this issue.

Thanks all!

I am not 100% but try adding the line gWebSvrPort=81 under settings in your settings.ini.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

The port is configured under setup / network tab / web server settings as seen in the image attached.

[ATTACH]67826[/ATTACH]
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
        I am not 100% but try adding the line gWebSvrPort=81 under settings in your settings.ini.

Greig.
        Tried, but it's not doing anything... it looks like it's still looking for port 80 when the "detailed error" page pops up on the browser. It states:
        Requested URL http://192.168.1.144:80/deviceutility

Originally posted by Pete View Post
        The port is configured under setup / network tab / web server settings as seen in the image attached.

[ATTACH]67826[/ATTACH]
        How exactly can you get to this if you can't access the web interface?

Comment

Originally posted by Integraoligist View Post
          Tried, but it's not doing anything... it looks like it's still looking for port 80 when the "detailed error" page pops up on the browser. It states:

I would expect you would have access from the machine directly rather than over your home network.

That doesn't work?

Comment

If you open the HS GUI on the computer running HS and click on the Web Interface button, are you able to get to the Setup page? If so, enter the port number you want to use in the Network tab as Pete noted and then restart HS.
            Attached Files
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Sounds like that old problem of when the computer reboots it changes your network from Private to Public. See if did and change it back to Private.

Comment

Originally posted by NetworkGuy View Post
                I would expect you would have access from the machine directly rather than over your home network.

That doesn't work?
                I'm on the machine that HS is on... it's never accessed from any other machine.

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                If you open the HS GUI on the computer running HS and click on the Web Interface button, are you able to get to the Setup page? If so, enter the port number you want to use in the Network tab as Pete noted and then restart HS.
                No, attached is an image of the browser page that opens.

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
                Sounds like that old problem of when the computer reboots it changes your network from Private to Public. See if did and change it back to Private.
                Checked, it's still on Private.
                Attached Files

Comment

I'm surprised that you added a callout for a different port in settings.ini and it is not respected. Other than different geocoordinates you should have:

[settings]
                  gLastShutdownOK=True
                  gFirstTimeRun=False
                  gLocLabel=Room
                  gLocLabel2=Floor
                  bUseLocation2=True
                  bLocationFirst=False
                  gLongitude=104.78
                  gLatitude=39.70
                  SADProc=True
                  gWebSvrPort=81 (added)

Then you would browse to http://192.168.1.144:81.

If that does not work, I would look at the startup log for these lines:

3/5/2018 10:39:05 AM ~!~Web Server~!~Local IP address (subnet) is: 192.168.2.36 (255.255.255.0)
                  3/5/2018 10:39:05 AM ~!~Web Server~!~Web Server started on port 80

While the above entries are for my system, you should find the same lines near the end of the startup log with your IP and port. This will tell you what HomeSeer is seeing.
                  Last edited by randy; April 2, 2018, 01:32 PM.
                  HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Did you try keying this into your browser. You will want to change your port to 81 for a test. gWebSvrPort=81
                    http://192.168.1.144:81/deviceutility

If this doesn't work please post your settings.ini file so we can see if you put the entry in the correct section of the ini file.
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                      I'm surprised that you added a callout for a different port in settings.ini and it is not respected. Other than different geocoordinates you should have:

[settings]
                      gLastShutdownOK=True
                      gFirstTimeRun=False
                      gLocLabel=Room
                      gLocLabel2=Floor
                      bUseLocation2=True
                      bLocationFirst=False
                      gLongitude=104.78
                      gLatitude=39.70
                      SADProc=True
                      gWebSvrPort=81 (added)

Then you would browse to http://192.168.1.144:81.

If that does not work, I would look at the startup log for these lines:

3/5/2018 10:39:05 AM ~!~Web Server~!~Local IP address (subnet) is: 192.168.2.36 (255.255.255.0)
                      3/5/2018 10:39:05 AM ~!~Web Server~!~Web Server started on port 80

While the above entries are for my system, you should find the same lines near the end of the startup log with your IP and port. This will tell you what HomeSeer is seeing.
                      Yes, tried going to http://192.168.1.144:81 when I added it to the ini file like this:
                      ---
                      [Settings]
                      gLastShutdownOK=False
                      gFirstTimeRun=False
                      gLocLabel=Room
                      gLocLabel2=Floor
                      bUseLocation2=True
                      bLocationFirst=False
                      gLongitude=30.03
                      gLatitude=10.22
                      SADProc=True
                      RateUpdated=True
                      gWebSvrPort=81
                      [Display]
                      ---
                      and it didn't work...
                      but after looking at your setup, I moved it to just below the SAD line like this:
                      ---
                      [Settings]
                      gLastShutdownOK=False
                      gFirstTimeRun=False
                      gLocLabel=Room
                      gLocLabel2=Floor
                      bUseLocation2=True
                      bLocationFirst=False
                      gLongitude=30.03
                      gLatitude=10.22
                      SADProc=True
                      gWebSvrPort=81
                      RateUpdated=True
                      [Display]
                      ---
                      and NOW it works... i am able to get into the web gui and everything is functioning again. I'm not sure why moving the command up 2 lines would make an issue like this.

Thanks all for the help!

Comment

Yes, tried going to http://192.168.1.144:81 when I added it to the ini file like this:
                        ---
                        [Settings]
                        gLastShutdownOK=False
                        gFirstTimeRun=False
                        gLocLabel=Room
                        gLocLabel2=Floor
                        bUseLocation2=True
                        bLocationFirst=False
                        gLongitude=30.03
                        gLatitude=10.22
                        SADProc=True
                        RateUpdated=True
                        gWebSvrPort=81
                        [Display]
                        ---
                        and it didn't work...
                        but after looking at your setup, I moved it to just below the SAD line like this:
                        ---
                        [Settings]
                        gLastShutdownOK=False
                        gFirstTimeRun=False
                        gLocLabel=Room
                        gLocLabel2=Floor
                        bUseLocation2=True
                        bLocationFirst=False
                        gLongitude=30.03
                        gLatitude=10.22
                        SADProc=True
                        gWebSvrPort=81
                        RateUpdated=True
                        [Display]
                        ---
                        and NOW it works... i am able to get into the web gui and everything is functioning again. I'm not sure why moving the command up 2 lines would make an issue like this.

Thanks all for the help!
                        Well, I now have this issue and no matter where I put the line for "gWebSvrPort," the program still uses port 80 (~!~Web Server~!~Web Server started on port 80). What do I do now?

Elliott

EDIT: Somehow, I was finally able to get to the UI and change the port in the set up page.
                        Last edited by Richel; October 13, 2018, 12:44 PM. Reason: Fixed.
                        "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                        "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Just to clarify one thing. You must edit settings.ini with HS shut down for changes to stick. The way the backup of ini files works, if you just change the settings.ini file while HS is running, at shutdown the backup will overwrite the ini and changes will be lost. When you change the port through the web interface, it writes to both files. If you edit the file while HS is stopped, the changes will be written from settings.ini to the backup when HS is started.
                          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                            Just to clarify one thing. You must edit settings.ini with HS shut down for changes to stick. The way the backup of ini files works, if you just change the settings.ini file while HS is running, at shutdown the backup will overwrite the ini and changes will be lost. When you change the port through the web interface, it writes to both files. If you edit the file while HS is stopped, the changes will be written from settings.ini to the backup when HS is started.
                            Thank you for this information. Elliott
                            "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                            "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Thanks to all.

This worked for me:

Comment

Working...
                              X