Fibaro Temp Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fibaro Temp Sensor

I am using a fibaro door/window sensor with the optional temp sensor ds18b20 to monitor the temp on my boiler. I am wondering how I can create a low temp and high temp event that will trigger an email alert?

Originally posted by Dweber85rc View Post
    I am using a fibaro door/window sensor with the optional temp sensor ds18b20 to monitor the temp on my boiler. I am wondering how I can create a low temp and high temp event that will trigger an email alert?
    I am still new to homeseer but quickly browsing through events. You can set a trigger of IF "This device had it's value set and is greater than..." That will let you put in a temperature for the temp sensor. When anything above that temp is recorded it should send you an email.

Comment

Originally posted by Dweber85rc View Post
      Hi @Dweber85rc:

Can you help me understand how you are able to use a sensor like yours to monitor your boiler temp?

What exactly is it monitoring and how is it connected?

Comment

What exactly on the boiler are you trying to read and control? Domestic hot water, radiator hot water, something else?

Comment

Originally posted by djsaad1 View Post
          I am still new to homeseer but quickly browsing through events. You can set a trigger of IF "This device had it's value set and is greater than..." That will let you put in a temperature for the temp sensor. When anything above that temp is recorded it should send you an email.
          This will give you at least 1 email, but likely every time the value changes and is still above this set point you will get another e-mail. I am sure there are many methods, but I like to create a virtual device (such as Boiler high level alarm) that is turned on when the temperature exceeds a setpoint and then off again when it drops below a set point.

In events just do as djsaad mentioned WITH an ANDIF the Virtual Device is off. Then do a separate event that turns it off at a temperature (preferably a degree or two lower than the On temperature so it does not bounce off and on if it is hovering right at your on temperature) ANDIF the Virtual Device is on.
          Then only E-mail yourself when the High Level Virtual Device is turned on.
          This also allows you to use time delays in setting or resetting your virtual device.

If there is a better way to do this, someone please feel free to "correct" me.

Comment

I'll look into those options. This is to monitor the temp on my outdoor wood boiler. Have had some issues with the fire going out and have such a high heat load that when it goes out the temp drops quick.

Comment

Trying the virtual device route but I don't get how to link the temp of the sensor to the settings of the virtual device?

Comment

Actually I was overthinking it. It was really pretty simple. On the temperature sensor I was able to create a greater than and less than event of the temperature thresholds I set. I did not set a "reset" on the event as the event is only triggered when the sensor is polled which I think is every 30-45 minutes-but that polling interval is configurable on the device somewhere I saw.

Comment

Working...
                X