trying to get HS3 running on Ubuntu Server 16.04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trying to get HS3 running on Ubuntu Server 16.04

I have a VM setup with Ubuntu Server 16.04, updated completely, and I thought I had successfully installed HS3, however, I am receiving the Ubuntu Apache default page when I attempt to connect to the HS3 server...

I have verified that HS3 is up an running...

Any ideas on what could be happening????

This is extremely frustrating... for the $$$ that HomeSeer gets, it shouldn't be this difficult to get something up and running...

Originally posted by WhitW View Post
    I have a VM setup with Ubuntu Server 16.04, updated completely, and I thought I had successfully installed HS3, however, I am receiving the Ubuntu Apache default page when I attempt to connect to the HS3 server...

I have verified that HS3 is up an running...

Any ideas on what could be happening????

This is extremely frustrating... for the $$$ that HomeSeer gets, it shouldn't be this difficult to get something up and running...
    If you are "receiving the Ubuntu Apache default page" then the Ubuntu web server is answering on port 80. The HomeSeer web server also defaults to port 80. You cannot have two web servers listening on the same port. Either disable the Ubuntu web server or move HomeSeer to an alternate port.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I agree with Randy. It sounds like you installed Apache as part of your Linux install. You don't need to do that. And if you do, then you need to coordinate your listening ports so they do not conflict.

Comment

Have you tried accessing the web ui using a different port number ie 8080,8081,8082 etc.

Comment

Comment

Working...
          X