Events -"and" or "if" not really working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Events -"and" or "if" not really working

Maybe it's me but below is an example of one of my scene that seems to ignore the rules.

I have a webhook that triggers from Blue Iris->IFTTT to trigger this event. The idea is if there's motion from BI, it will turn on the lights in those area only if the device is off and if the "bypass" switch is activated. This way, if we're there and manually turned on the lights, then the event will be false. But for whatever reasons, it always trigger the event regardless... Also, in the "options" I set so that it cannot be re-run for 4 minutes... ("I tried to set it for 1 day just o see) so it doesn't continue to trigger, which doesn't seems to work either.

am I taking the wrong approach here?

Originally posted by dannieboiz View Post
    Maybe it's me but below is an example of one of my scene that seems to ignore the rules.

I have a webhook that triggers from Blue Iris->IFTTT to trigger this event. The idea is if there's motion from BI, it will turn on the lights in those area only if the device is off and if the "bypass" switch is activated. This way, if we're there and manually turned on the lights, then the event will be false. But for whatever reasons, it always trigger the event regardless... Also, in the "options" I set so that it cannot be re-run for 4 minutes... ("I tried to set it for 1 day just o see) so it doesn't continue to trigger, which doesn't seems to work either.

am I taking the wrong approach here?

Remember: Conditions on a Manually Triggered Event are ALWAYS ignored, unless the Event is called from another Event expressly tagged "Run Only if Other Event Conditions are True". If the event is run by IFTTT, Google Home, Echo, manually triggered from the "Run" button or from HSTouch the Conditions will be ignored. If you run an intermediate Event that will then call this Event with the option "Run Only if Other Event Conditions are True", the conditions will be honored. This thread may help.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      Remember: Conditions on a Manually Triggered Event are ALWAYS ignored, unless the Event is called from another Event expressly tagged "Run Only if Other Event Conditions are True". If the event is run by IFTTT, Google Home, Echo, manually triggered from the "Run button or from HSTouch the Conditions will be ignored. If you run an intermediate Event that will then call this Event with the option "Run Only if Other Event Conditions are True", the conditions will be honored. This thread may help.
      If I understood you correctly, So we have to create another event to run this event?

Comment

If I understood you correctly, So we have to create another event to run this event?
        Yes, if you want to have the conditions evaluated. (And you have to tic the Advanced option in the action to run the event to tell HS to run the event only if the conditions are true.)
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Yes. Call Event 1 from IFTTT, it will call event 2 and honor the conditions.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	1196553

Comment

Thanks that's an interesting way how homeseer operate but good to know

Comment

Thanks that's an interesting way how homeseer operate but good to know
              "Interesting" is a word. I have long advocated that Conditions be honored unless explicitly indicated they should be ignored. The checkbox should be "Ignore Conditions in other Event" instead of "Run Only if Other Event Conditions are True".

I believe it is a vanishingly small number of occasions where one would want the Conditions ignored. It would be easy enough to change the behavior in a future update and it would eliminate this one fairly consistent area of confusion.

Comment

Another option would be to have a Virtual Device for Blue Iris Motion with On/Off and have motion set this to On. The change to On could trigger the event.

Set the Virtual device with IFTTT or other means. You could then set it Off with the same method and use the Off status to turn the lights off.
                Karl S
                HS4Pro on Windows 10
                1070 Devices
                56 Z-Wave Nodes
                104 Events
                HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Side Topic:

If you're using BlueIris, other than the cost of the plugin you could use the BI plugin and save the round trip latency and "guessing" around IF IFTTT will execute your event. Just saying I've had times where IFTTT lags for minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
                    Side Topic:

If you're using BlueIris, other than the cost of the plugin you could use the BI plugin and save the round trip latency and "guessing" around IF IFTTT will execute your event. Just saying I've had times where IFTTT lags for minutes.
                    You don't even need the plugin. You can poke HS directly from the BI webhook field by sending the run event JSON command.

In BI in Camera Properties -> Alerts hit the Configure button on the "Post to a web address or MQTT server" line and put an entry in the HTTP field similar to this:

Code:
                    192.168.x.xxx:yy/JSON?request=runevent&group=Motion&name=Front Door Motion from Hikvision Cam
                    Just modify the IP/Port of your HS server and the Event group and name

As others have said, this is a top level event which runs 4 other events conditionally on whether those event's conditions are met.
                    cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                      "Interesting" is a word. I have long advocated that Conditions be honored unless explicitly indicated they should be ignored. The checkbox should be "Ignore Conditions in other Event" instead of "Run Only if Other Event Conditions are True".

I believe it is a vanishingly small number of occasions where one would want the Conditions ignored. It would be easy enough to change the behavior in a future update and it would eliminate this one fairly consistent area of confusion.
                      I find the above true when calling from other events, but not from voice control. From voice control (not sure about IFTT) I don't want the conditions honored...

Though, if I think about it, it could be nice, but HS would have to have a way of notifying the users that the event wasn't run and why. Another way to get around this is to add another trigger called "This event is triggered by voice command" and as long as you don't have any conditions it would run. This would let you always have conditions honored, but allow a user to ignore them on voice commands.

(Sorry.......stream of thought process going on there. Started on on stance, landed on another )

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                        I find the above true when calling from other events, but not from voice control. From voice control (not sure about IFTT) I don't want the conditions honored...

Though, if I think about it, it could be nice, but HS would have to have a way of notifying the users that the event wasn't run and why. Another way to get around this is to add another trigger called "This event is triggered by voice command" and as long as you don't have any conditions it would run. This would let you always have conditions honored, but allow a user to ignore them on voice commands.

(Sorry.......stream of thought process going on there. Started on on stance, landed on another )

Comment

There are definitely plenty of options here...

I tried the BI plugin but for whatever reason it doesn't work very well...

I didn't realize that u can trigger the webhook directly to homeseer.. any details on that?

Comment

There are definitely plenty of options here...

I tried the BI plugin but for whatever reason it doesn't work very well...

I didn't realize that u can trigger the webhook directly to homeseer.. any details on that?
                            Did you see the details in post 10?
                            cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                              Did you see the details in post 10?
                              Ahh reading the message on my phone and totally missed it... I'll give it a shot later thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X