New Aeotec Water Sensor 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Aeotec Water Sensor 6

Has anyone added the Aeotec Water Sensor 6 to their network?

I have several issues. I do not always get all nodes when adding to the network.

After rescan there are usually one or two more. Sometimes a Heat Notification. This time it shows as Water notification 2.

Also I get no updates. I did get a battery notice once over 3 days. But no temp or any water alarms.

I have removed and rejoined 6-7 times with almost the same result.

Does anyone have a working one? I would like to confirm if mine is defective, or if they are not yet supported by Homeseer zwave interface.

It would not be the first AEOTECH I have returned defective. Most of their products are flaky at best.
    Attached Files

No one is using this?

I will assume for the moment it is not HS zwave issue.

I am returning it and will get a replacement. Will let you know results.

Comment

Don't know about this sensor per se, but your issues described are common for me when

1. The pairing didn't happen completely - check the logs and note anything in a red color indicating issues during the pairing process
      2. Using an older version of the plugin - I am using the latest Beta - for example, I have the Fibaro button (LOVE IT) and had all sorts of issues pairing, updated the plugin and it worked perfect
      3. Performing a full optimize after adding it (making sure the device is awake when doing this) - and, going to that device and full optimizing from that device too. Repeat several times! Some on the forum say they perform full optimize three times after a device is added.

Other suggestions

1. Remove the device, delete the HS devices created, factory reset the device then pair it again
      2. Pair it when the device is next to the Z-Wave or stick - for battery devices that are mobile, should be easy to do this
      3. Go into advanced settings to set the battery time communications - these are usually set to 1+ days and that is OK since they drain battery
      4. Use pair, unsecured if available as a last resort - I did this with some Mopnoprice appliance modules and after all sorts of problems adding the other way they worked perfect.

Since the devices were created I have to believe the device is supported by HS so I doubt it is HS specific.

Comment

Was this issue ever resolved? I was thinking of getting one of these sensors and the optional docking power pack so I can plug it in.

Comment

Originally posted by randman View Post
          Was this issue ever resolved? I was thinking of getting one of these sensors and the optional docking power pack so I can plug it in.
          I have one and the jury is still out. I won't have time to test the water function tonight (most important). But my Temperature shows 0.

I didn't really have any issues with adoption though. I feel it's stupid they don't include the dock out of the gate...

The whole reason for going with this option was the siren in case my zwave network takes a dump.

Comment

Working...
          X