Open Source Influx DB Persistence PlugIn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mminehan View Post

Did you compile your own version from a github fork? Or did you just download the version put in post #10?
    I have Influx and Grafana running on a Raspberry Pi. I use my own HS script to send inputs to the Influx DB. But it's a clunky script. So changing to this plugin sounds like a good idea. Just want to make sure it works properly before I drop my existing database.

Marty.
    Downloaded the linked zip, but a previous post suggested the binary is on GitHub as well.

You could always create a new DB without changing your script and run both in parallel.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Just started expirmenting with this plugin. Had a slight hickup the day after I installed it with HS not starting up properly, but not sure if this was related to the plugin or not.

It's a shame the original author deepakkhajuria has not been active for almost a year. It would be great to be able to make some tweaks to the plugin. For example the option to post to Influx every x minutes and/or on value change would be great, rather than just value change.

I'm not competent enough to write plugins. I can usually get my head around simple scripting though.

M
      iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Hi,

Downloaded the files and installed on my Win 10 Homeseer 3 PC. The plugin appears on the list of managed plugin and I can access the 3 config tabs and thats where I am struggling

Click image for larger version

Name:	snip_20191219225036.png
Views:	360
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	1348191
        Can anyone help with these settings. Is the url the ip address of my homeseer PC?

Regards

Liam
        Attached Files

Comment

The URL is the IP address and port of whatever system is hosting your influx DB. E.g. "http://192.168.1.94:8086/" (without quotes).

You may be hosting the database on the same PC as homeseer, or another PC or device such as a Raspberry PI.

User and password of your influx DB if you have set one.
          Database is whatever name you have given your database.

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Thanks to the input here and follow up on the Github page I managed to get the influx database set up and connected to hs3. I also got Grafana set up and have some graphs running. This is a great find although as mentioned above, it would be great if the plugin could also specify the write times to the database. I am using a lot of zigbee temperature sensors to measure room temps and the data doesn't changed that much do there can be gaps in the data displayed by Grafana.
            Thanks again

Liam

Comment

Glad you got it going.

Originally posted by slayer View Post
              the data doesn't changed that much do there can be gaps in the data displayed by Grafana.
              I have the same issue. Not with zigbee device but other sensors. I have not yet worked out a way to solve this. I thought there was something that could be done in Grafana but it seems that is not the case. Let me know if you find a fix.

It would be good if the original author was around, or the code could be shared.

M

Comment

Glad you got it going.

I have the same issue. Not with zigbee device but other sensors. I have not yet worked out a way to solve this. I thought there was something that could be done in Grafana but it seems that is not the case. Let me know if you find a fix.

It would be good if the original author was around, or the code could be shared.

M
                The code is on GitHub. Have at it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
                  The code is on GitHub. Have at it.
                  Oh yea. Just found it. Might have a look at it in the new year to see if I can modify it to data at regular intervals rather than just device changes.

M

Comment

Trying to set up Grafana to show the status of a switch, i.e. on or off. Trying to use "SingleState" plugin in Grafana with no success. Is this the correct plugin for this indicator? If so can someone give me an example of the persistence setup in HS3 and the setup settings in Grafana. Thanks!

Solved: forgot to turn on refresh dashboard. Duh

Comment

Hi,
                      Would be very interested if this plugin could be changed to allow regular updating. Hint mminehan Donations considered..............
                      Regards

Liam

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
                        Hi,
                        Would be very interested if this plugin could be changed to allow regular updating. Hint mminehan Donations considered..............
                        Regards

Liam
                        I'm away from home for a couple of weeks. And have a few projects that I need to deal with first. But I'll have a look at the code at some stage. No donations needed, it's just part being with the HS community.

Comment

Glad you got it going.

M
                          You should look into options like the solution described here: https://community.grafana.com/t/exte...n-graph/1273/8

Comment

Has anyone been able to uuse this plugin with influxdb v2.0? I can't get it to work..

Comment

I'm still on 1.7.10. How did you upgrade it? What operating system is hosting influx and grafana?

Comment

I'm still on 1.7.10. How did you upgrade it? What operating system is hosting influx and grafana?
                                Have never used influx before so testing it on my unraid server in docker.
                                Just changed the repository to "quay.io/influxdb/influxdb:2.0.0-beta"

Comment

Working...
                                X