X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• luisr320
    replied
    Originally posted by Malosa View Post
    Well +1 for a developer to picks this up.

i must say i did test it yesterday with last version of grafana and it works nice,
    but sometimes i get these errors
    my devices are normal and have a normal value... i did double check.
    jun-09 10:28:25 Influx DB Persistence Not Recording Value for Temperature as there is no valid value to record.
    jun-09 10:28:25 Influx DB Persistence Not Recording Value for Temperature as there is no it does not have valid ranged value at 2147483647
    jun-09 10:28:25 Influx DB Persistence Not Recording Value for Humidity as there is no valid value to record.
    jun-09 10:28:25 Influx DB Persistence Not Recording Value for Humidity as there is no it does not have valid ranged value at 2147483647
    i'm using it on hs4, but needs some tweaks..
    using influx 1.8.0
    I also experienced this problem. The solution is simple: On the plugin edit the measurement to have its min and max value to whatever you had, X 10. So if your max temperature was 45, set it to 450. The plugin doesn't know how to handle the decimal point. After that, go to Grafana, and on the SELECT line of the query, press the "+" sign and add "MATH". Then edit the (math/100) to be (math/10). And now everything should be fine.

I must say that this is a very impressive plugin and I'm having a ball with it.
    Thank you for making it available.

PS: It would be nice to have the ability to delete a single data point from the History page of the plugin

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-09-20 101340.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	1420567

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2020-09-20 101517.jpg Views:	0 Size:	30.3 KB ID:	1420564

Leave a comment:

• ABL
    replied
    I'm just at the brink of moving to HS4, but as I use this great plugin a lot, I wonder whether anyone can confirm that this functions well with HS4?

Leave a comment:

• Malosa
    replied
    Well +1 for a developer to picks this up.

i must say i did test it yesterday with last version of grafana and it works nice,
    but sometimes i get these errors
    my devices are normal and have a normal value... i did double check.
    jun-09 10:28:25 Influx DB Persistence Not Recording Value for Temperature as there is no valid value to record.
    jun-09 10:28:25 Influx DB Persistence Not Recording Value for Temperature as there is no it does not have valid ranged value at 2147483647
    jun-09 10:28:25 Influx DB Persistence Not Recording Value for Humidity as there is no valid value to record.
    jun-09 10:28:25 Influx DB Persistence Not Recording Value for Humidity as there is no it does not have valid ranged value at 2147483647

i'm using it on hs4, but needs some tweaks..
    using influx 1.8.0

Leave a comment:

• mminehan
    replied
    Originally posted by Miamijerry View Post
    What is a string ??
    A string is a alphanumeric variable, and not a number variable. This is a basic principle of almost every coding language. I suggest you Google something like "VB variable types".

In the case of Homeseer, which is based mostly on Visual Basic (VB), it would be the "String" property of the device or possibly the "Status" property (look at the Advanced tab of your devices). I haven't experimented with the string option of this plugin so can't be certain.

I assume that choosing string, as opposed to value, would store data like 'On' or "Off' in Influx as opposed to values like 0 or 100.

Perhaps doing some reading around principles of coding and visual basic would be helpful for you.

Leave a comment:

• Miamijerry
    replied
    Seems the choices of items to save on change are; a value or a string

What is a string ??

Leave a comment:

• mminehan
    replied
    Can't really help you sorry. The original author of the plugin is no longer active. So unless you are handy with coding, you can download the repository from GitHub, it might be difficult to get this to work with v2 of influx.

Leave a comment:

• Bjonness
    replied
    Originally posted by mminehan View Post
    I'm still on 1.7.10. How did you upgrade it? What operating system is hosting influx and grafana?
    Have never used influx before so testing it on my unraid server in docker.
    Just changed the repository to "quay.io/influxdb/influxdb:2.0.0-beta"

Leave a comment:

• mminehan
    replied
    I'm still on 1.7.10. How did you upgrade it? What operating system is hosting influx and grafana?

Leave a comment:

• Bjonness
    replied
    Has anyone been able to uuse this plugin with influxdb v2.0? I can't get it to work..

Leave a comment:

• mterry63
    replied
    Glad you got it going.

I have the same issue. Not with zigbee device but other sensors. I have not yet worked out a way to solve this. I thought there was something that could be done in Grafana but it seems that is not the case. Let me know if you find a fix.

It would be good if the original author was around, or the code could be shared.

M
    You should look into options like the solution described here: https://community.grafana.com/t/exte...n-graph/1273/8

Leave a comment:

• mminehan
    replied
    Originally posted by slayer View Post
    Hi,
    Would be very interested if this plugin could be changed to allow regular updating. Hint mminehan Donations considered..............
    Regards

Liam
    I'm away from home for a couple of weeks. And have a few projects that I need to deal with first. But I'll have a look at the code at some stage. No donations needed, it's just part being with the HS community.

Leave a comment:

• slayer
    replied
    Hi,
    Would be very interested if this plugin could be changed to allow regular updating. Hint mminehan Donations considered..............
    Regards

Liam

Leave a comment:

• Spudjr
    replied
    Trying to set up Grafana to show the status of a switch, i.e. on or off. Trying to use "SingleState" plugin in Grafana with no success. Is this the correct plugin for this indicator? If so can someone give me an example of the persistence setup in HS3 and the setup settings in Grafana. Thanks!

Solved: forgot to turn on refresh dashboard. Duh

Leave a comment:

• mminehan
    replied
    Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
    The code is on GitHub. Have at it.
    Oh yea. Just found it. Might have a look at it in the new year to see if I can modify it to data at regular intervals rather than just device changes.

M

Leave a comment:

• mterry63
    replied
    Glad you got it going.

I have the same issue. Not with zigbee device but other sensors. I have not yet worked out a way to solve this. I thought there was something that could be done in Grafana but it seems that is not the case. Let me know if you find a fix.

It would be good if the original author was around, or the code could be shared.

M
    The code is on GitHub. Have at it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X