How to trigger on a device NOT updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to trigger on a device NOT updating

I just noticed that the battery level of my Kwikset lock has not updated for over 2 months. I suspect it may be lower than 30% and ready to stop working!

Does anyone know of a way to trigger an event (or somehow send a text/email) based on a device NOT sending a status update after X weeks/days?

I have the "Do not update device last change time
    if device value does not change:" UNCHECKED so it should update even if the value doesn't change.

You can't, natively. You need to write a script, or plugin, and have it as a reoccurring trigger to check the desired property.

There is already a free plugin that does this for battery devices.

conversation in the Easy Trigger forum... Asking for Spud to add this trigger type to his plugin...
    https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=196354

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I know this is an old post, but this may be useful if anyone comes across it. There is a workaround but it's a bit of a faff - you simply have a timer that gets reset when the device updates, and then a trigger on the timer reaching a certain value.

Comment

Originally posted by sidepipe View Post
        I know this is an old post, but this may be useful if anyone comes across it. There is a workaround but it's a bit of a faff - you simply have a timer that gets reset when the device updates, and then a trigger on the timer reaching a certain value.
        Sure, but then you have a timer running always, for however many devices you are monitoring. Easy Trigger has the ability to do this now. While not free, its one of the plugins that is 100% worth the cost as it provides most of the functions Homeseer should have built-in.

Comment

+1 for EasyTrigger - I use it to notify me if my energy monitors have not updated.
          HS4Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi4
          68 Z-Wave Nodes, 175 Events, 359 Devices
          UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
          Plugins: Z-Wave, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
          HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Working...
          X