Using the security setting with triggers for home security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
    Randy, so are you saying that your times for the PM did not change the set time at noon? Does it still read 9:17pm as before?
    Yes. The first event I created randomized to 9:17PM the first evening. After it ran it was still set for 9:17PM the next day, though it actually ran at 9:28PM. I have no idea when its trigger time was adjusted. A second randomized event I set up yesterday showed to be 9:17PM and that is when it ran. Looking at the two events right now they are at 9:28PM and 9:17PM as they have been all day. They did not change at noon. You would have to look at posts 7, 13 and 17 above.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by NetworkGuy View Post
      I have a Samsung TV, but had never thought to make it turn on/off by itself when not at home. Anyone know of a way to do that?
      I use a global cache along with the Global cache pluggin to control my 2 year old Samsung 8000 series set without issue. I also use Alexa with Jon's helper which also works without a hitch controlling the GC devices.

@Randy - that's the only thing I could think of as well. Then again, I think theres a pluggin or two that would randomize the lights if one wanted.

Robert
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Well dang, it must of been some fluke then. But I will watch it again tomorrow at noon and see if it flukes again.

Comment

The two events that ran at 9:17PM and 9:28PM respectively on Thursday, ran at the same times yesterday (Friday). They are both scheduled to run at the same times today. I think the security offset is either not working or I dont understand how it is supposed to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
            I just checked again today. The log indicates that the event did run at 10:32 last night. It is scheduled to run tonight at 10:30. (I was wrong about when HS updates the offset. It's clearly not at Midnight, but I don't know when it occurred.)
            My results are not the same as Randy's, but I confess I cannot figure out when the offset is being applied nor how to interpret the time listed for a future event that uses the offset feature.
            In my case, the event that indicated it was scheduled for 10:30 yesterday actually ran at 10:53. It is now again displaying the time of 10:30 when the trigger is expanded, and 10:40 when the trigger is abbreviated. (I believe that is the time around which randomization is supposed to be occurring.)

Over the last three days it has run at 10:44, 10:32, and 10:53. I have no idea how to determine when it will run today. The only thing that seems to be yielding useful information is the actual run time in the log and the reported 'Last Ran' time in the event list.
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

My results are not the same as Randy's, but I confess I cannot figure out when the offset is being applied nor how to interpret the time listed for a future event that uses the offset feature.
              In my case, the event that indicated it was scheduled for 10:30 yesterday actually ran at 10:53. It is now again displaying the time of 10:30 when the trigger is expanded, and 10:40 when the trigger is abbreviated. (I believe that is the time around which randomization is supposed to be occurring.)

Over the last three days it has run at 10:44, 10:32, and 10:53. I have no idea how to determine when it will run today. The only thing that seems to be yielding useful information is the actual run time in the log and the reported 'Last Ran' time in the event list.
              Yours is running exactly as mine is doing. Yours looks like you have, as you said, a set time of 10:30 so your number in setup must be 30.
              Mine is set for 9PM and I have seen 2 different times of 9:01 and 9:03. I have 5 in my setup.

It appears that it picks a different time each day and as you said when the event is not expanded it shows you what time it will fire and when the event is expanded it shows you what time you have as the revolve around time. As I told Randy mine appears to change the time at noon if the event is for PM but not sure. Will see at noon today if it is truly doing that or not.

Comment

The only thing that seems to be yielding useful information is the actual run time in the log and the reported 'Last Ran' time in the event list.
                In my case I an looking at that as well, but my test events also generate a log entry that can be filtered on randomize. I only have three days of testing.

Jun-29 9:28:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Randomize"
                Jun-29 9:17:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Randomize 2"
                Jun-28 9:28:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Randomize"
                Jun-28 9:17:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Randomize 2"
                Jun-27 9:17:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Randomize"

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                  In my case I an looking at that as well, but my test events also generate a log entry that can be filtered on randomize. I only have three days of testing.

Randy, what time do you have set in setup for the +/-?. Just curious. Mike has 30 and I have 5. Both seem to work. I wonder why yours does not change values. That is strange.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
                    Randy, what time do you have set in setup for the +/-?. Just curious. Mike has 30 and I have 5. Both seem to work. I wonder why yours does not change values. That is strange.
                    Mine is 30. You will note that my first events time did change from 9/27 to 9/28.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                      Mine is 30. You will note that my first events time did change from 9/27 to 9/28.
                      Yes I see they did go from 17 to 28 but the third day did not have a different number altogether. That is what is strange. I am putting in what I see in my events. I know this is so ridiculously simple and don't be offended by the pics. I just wanted to throw them in to make sure you see what I see in the events. Especially the (S) and (Security)
                      EDIT: I took out the pics. I know you know what it is supposed to look like. I was just wondering if we were using the same HS version. I am on version .445. It shouldn't matter but who knows.
                      Last edited by cowinger; June 30, 2018, 01:21 PM.

Comment

I would have to say that the security offset is not working. Though there were a couple of triggers that varied slightly, most triggers occurred at the same time each day. Both events have a trigger time of 9:00PM and have the security option enabled. Over the last week, here are the trigger times:

Jul-04 9:28:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Randomize"
                        Jul-04 9:17:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Randomize 2"
                        Jul-03 9:28:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Randomize"
                        Jul-03 9:17:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Randomize 2"
                        Jul-02 9:28:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Randomize"
                        Jul-02 9:17:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Randomize 2"
                        Jul-01 9:28:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Randomize 2"
                        Jul-01 9:13:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Randomize"
                        Jun-30 9:25:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Randomize 2"
                        Jun-30 9:17:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Randomize"

Comment

Randy, my results are a bit more variable than yours:
                          6/28 - 10:44
                          6/29 - 10:32
                          6/30 - 10:53
                          7/1 - 10:31
                          7/2 - 10:51
                          7/3 - 10:51
                          7/4 - 10:47
                          This is with a nominal time of 10:40 and an offset of +/- 30 min.

It's not as variable as I would expect, but not totally repetitive either. In any case, it's behavior is a bit puzzling. As you already noted, though, it's not clear how noticeable randomizing lights would be anyway.
                          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

And here it is a couple of weeks later. Intermittently and barely random.

Jul-20 9:28:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Randomize"
                            Jul-20 9:17:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Randomize 2"
                            Jul-19 9:28:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Randomize 2"
                            Jul-19 9:13:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Randomize"
                            Jul-18 9:25:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Randomize 2"
                            Jul-18 9:17:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Randomize"
                            Jul-17 9:28:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Randomize"
                            Jul-17 9:17:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Randomize 2"
                            Jul-16 9:28:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Randomize"
                            Jul-16 9:17:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Randomize 2"
                            Jul-15 9:25:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Randomize 2"
                            Jul-15 9:17:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Randomize"
                            Jul-14 9:28:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Randomize"
                            Jul-14 9:17:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Randomize 2"
                            Jul-13 9:25:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Randomize 2"
                            Jul-13 9:17:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Randomize"
                            Jul-12 9:28:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Randomize"
                            Jul-12 9:17:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Randomize 2"
                            Jul-11 9:28:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Randomize 2"
                            Jul-11 9:13:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Randomize"
                            Jul-10 9:25:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Randomize 2"
                            Jul-10 9:17:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Randomize"
                            Jul-09 9:28:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Randomize"
                            Jul-09 9:17:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Randomize 2"
                            Jul-08 9:28:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Randomize"
                            Jul-08 9:17:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Randomize 2"
                            Jul-07 9:25:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Randomize 2"
                            Jul-07 9:17:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Randomize"
                            Jul-06 9:28:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Randomize"
                            Jul-06 9:17:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Randomize 2"

Comment

Working...
                            X