Hosed on Windows Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hosed on Windows Server

Crap - I was trying to diagnose why Z-tool wouldn't work, and I went to HS3 -> Setup -> Network -> and changed the port from 5001 (which it was set to by default) to 80.

Now I can't use the HS3 web interface at all ... I'm assuming port 80 is master overridden somewhere in Windows Server Essentials. I get an IIS 404.

I'm not a Windows Server Guru....so now I can't even get to the HS3 interface. Can anyone help? How do I get HS3 back to port 5001 so I can use the web interface?

Ahhh - few. Found the settings.ini file and futz'd with it with HS3 not running to get it back to normal.

Comment

*phew

Comment

Originally posted by larrywal32 View Post
        Crap - I was trying to diagnose why Z-tool wouldn't work, and I went to HS3 -> Setup -> Network -> and changed the port from 5001 (which it was set to by default) to 80.

Now I can't use the HS3 web interface at all ... I'm assuming port 80 is master overridden somewhere in Windows Server Essentials. I get an IIS 404.

I'm not a Windows Server Guru....so now I can't even get to the HS3 interface. Can anyone help? How do I get HS3 back to port 5001 so I can use the web interface?
        You can shut down HS and edit the settings.ini file. Set gWebSvrPort= to the port you choose.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Not a problem!

RDP or whatever into your HS machine.

Shut HS down.

Open the file settings.ini in the Config folder under the HS3 folder in C:\Program Files (x86) and change the setting gWebSvrPort=80 to gWebSvrPort=81 or something like that.

Save, restart HS and you're up and running!
          Originally posted by rprade
          There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Thanks all! Worked great! Now if only ztool would start working...

Comment

Working...
            X