Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Z-Wave device turned on/off without events?!?!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rprade View Post
    I really thing the device is being controlled by association or the device is changing states on its own. You can enable "Log send and receive device information to the HomeSeer log" on the Z-Wave configuration page. Thjis might give more detail. Or you can "Enable Detailed Debug logging to file (Do not enable unless instructed by tech support, this will use a lot of disk space)" This generates a lot of logging, so you want to keep an eye on it.

Yes you are correct, the log shows exactly that, not the controller just state changes. However, the Fibaro Wall Plug is configed as Always ON, so there will be no rows in the HS3 log from the Fibaro device, since for example pressing the small button on the Fibaro Wall Plug does of course not change the state on the Wall Plug (remember Always On), nor present any rows in the HS3 logfile.

I will not turn on full logging, however the first par about log send/receive I will turn on - good tip!

Comment

jippi - just removed the Fibaro Wall Plug, did full exclude and include, and when I reinserted the Fibaro Wall Plug, then for some odd reason server and internet rebooted (just like a power drop or something). I wonder if my UPS is okay, this should NOT happen as far as I know. And when I have done this before, since I have been playing around abit with this, nothing has happened. But it just did.

Comment

Originally posted by larhedse View Post
        Yes you are correct, the log shows exactly that, not the controller just state changes. However, the Fibaro Wall Plug is configed as Always ON, so there will be no rows in the HS3 log from the Fibaro device, since for example pressing the small button on the Fibaro Wall Plug does of course not change the state on the Wall Plug (remember Always On), nor present any rows in the HS3 logfile.

I will not turn on full logging, however the first par about log send/receive I will turn on - good tip!
        I just wonder if it irs really turning off and back on, or if it is just reporting. Every time it reports that it was set to Off, it is immediately (the next second) it is set to On. These could be false reports or reports generated by noise, voltage fluctuations or other anomalies.

I would try a couple of steps to try to narrow it down
        • Remove the load from the Fibaro device. Plug the UPS into the wall and leave the Fibaro plugged in, but with no load.
        • If the above does not stop the reporting, then move the Fibaro to another outlet in the house
        The goal would be to isolate whether the UPS presents a load that the Fibaro device doesn't like or if it or the supply is generating any noise or voltage fluctuations.
        Randy Prade
        Aurora, CO
        Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

I have already tried that, and also changed (three different Fibaro Wall Plug's) the Wall Plug. No matter which wall plug, on this particular power load, rows are generated in the log for the device connected to my UPS. And also, the wall plugs NOT in use are behaving just perfect when NOT attached to the UPS Power Load.

This is from the latest events (after full exclude/include, and upgraded HS3 to latest, and latest version (.190) of Z-Wave plugin), notice 29.x watt:

Jul-13 12:46:20 Z-Wave Device: Walk-In-Closet Internet and Server Power Set to 54.2 (W)
          Jul-13 12:46:20 Z-Wave Device: Walk-In-Closet Internet and Server Switch Binary Set to ON
          Jul-13 12:46:19 Z-Wave Device: Walk-In-Closet Internet and Server Power Set to 29.1 (W)
          Jul-13 12:46:19 Z-Wave Device: Walk-In-Closet Internet and Server Switch Binary Set to OFF

I have a few other occasions when the "OFF" are generated when power drops to about 29.1 - 29.2 watts.

Comment

Okay, so now another device have started to behave the same as the "Internet and Server":
            Jul-15 15:29:41 Z-Wave Device: Livingroom Media System Switch Binary Set to ON Jul-15 15:29:15 Z-Wave Device: Livingroom Media System Switch Binary Set to OFF Jul-15 15:29:14 Z-Wave Device: Livingroom Media System Switch Binary Set to ON Jul-15 15:29:09 Z-Wave Device: Livingroom Media System Switch Binary Set to OFF Jul-15 15:29:08 Z-Wave Device: Livingroom Media System Switch Binary Set to ON Jul-15 15:28:45 Z-Wave Device: Livingroom Media System Switch Binary Set to OFF Jul-15 15:28:44 Z-Wave Device: Livingroom Media System Switch Binary Set to ON Jul-15 15:28:42 Z-Wave Device: Livingroom Media System Switch Binary Set to OFF Jul-15 15:28:40 Z-Wave Device: Livingroom Media System Switch Binary Set to ON Jul-15 15:28:16 Z-Wave Device: Livingroom Media System Switch Binary Set to OFF Jul-15 15:28:14 Z-Wave Device: Livingroom Media System Switch Binary Set to ON Jul-15 15:27:41 Z-Wave Device: Livingroom Media System Switch Binary Set to OFF Jul-15 15:27:35 Z-Wave Device: Livingroom Media System Switch Binary Set to ON Jul-15 15:27:33 Z-Wave Device: Livingroom Media System Switch Binary Set to OFF Jul-15 15:27:32 Z-Wave Device: Livingroom Media System Switch Binary Set to ON Jul-15 15:27:01 Z-Wave Device: Livingroom Media System Switch Binary Set to OFF Jul-15 15:27:00 Z-Wave Device: Livingroom Media System Switch Binary Set to ON Jul-15 15:26:30 Z-Wave Device: Livingroom Media System Switch Binary Set to OFF Jul-15 15:26:29 Z-Wave Device: Livingroom Media System Switch Binary Set to ON Jul-15 15:26:24 Z-Wave Device: Livingroom Media System Switch Binary Set to OFF Jul-15 15:26:23 Z-Wave Device: Livingroom Media System Switch Binary Set to ON Jul-15 15:26:18 Z-Wave Device: Livingroom Media System Switch Binary Set to OFF Jul-15 15:26:17 Z-Wave Device: Livingroom Media System Switch Binary Set to ON Jul-15 15:26:08 Z-Wave Device: Livingroom Media System Switch Binary Set to OFF Jul-15 15:26:07 Z-Wave Device: Livingroom Media System Switch Binary Set to ON Jul-15 15:26:06 Z-Wave Device: Livingroom Media System Switch Binary Set to OFF Jul-15 15:26:00 Z-Wave Device: Livingroom Media System Switch Binary Set to ON Jul-15 15:19:20 Z-Wave Device: Livingroom Media System Switch Binary Set to OFF Jul-15 15:19:19 Z-Wave Device: Livingroom Media System Switch Binary Set to ON Jul-15 15:29:42 Z-Wave Device: Livingroom Media System Switch Binary Set to OFF

Funny thing is that the only thing I use this Fibaro Wall Plug for is power usage measurements... Just like the UPS and "Internet and Servers" - which does behave for the moment. I decided to remove the load from this Fibaro Wall Plug (which by the way was "Always On" also).

And as I recall, I had something like this with the fridge once - that has however stopped happening.

There is something funny here, the power loads are about 100watt on the media system, and it just seems to have started.....

What are the chances of two completely different power loads to behave the same?

Comment

I think the problem might be in Association groups, and more concrete 3rd one.
              Referring the manual:

3rd Association Group – “On/Off (Power)” – devices in this group will be switched on or off depending on the current load (uses Basic command class).

Reading further, parameters 20-24:

21. DOWN value - „On/Off (Power)” association group (3)
              Default setting: 300 (30W)

22. UP value - „On/Off (Power)” association group (3)
              Default setting: 500 (50W)

23. The response after exceeding defined power values
              6 – combination of 2 and 3.
              Turn the associated devices OFF, once the power drops below DOWN value (parameter 21).
              Turn the associated devices ON, once the power rises above UP value (parameter 22).
              Default setting: 6

So, once the power drops below 30W, reports OFF, going above 50W, ON again.

I have same problem, and going to remove 2nd and 3rd association groups.
              Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
              X