Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need suggestions for limiting simultaneous appliance use

Hi folks,

I'm new to the Homeseer community and have learned quite a lot browsing these forums, so thanks in advance to all that help others by posting solutions. I recently came upon a special "smart" energy plan in my state that sells us off-peak electricity for 1 cent per kwh! Great deal, but the catch is you get charged a fee of $6.67 x (the peak kwh usage in any 30 minute period for the entire month)!

I am thinking that with some creative use of smart home tech I can really save some money, especially in the summer months. My goal is to limit the simultaneous use of appliances throughout the entire month both on and off peak however. So I need some suggestions, so far this is what I've done:

3 AC Units @ ~3.8kwh/ea [managed by hs3 to run 1 at a time via nest thermostats]
    1 Electric clothes dryer ~4.1kwh! [thinking to use aeon labs heavy duty smart switch? not sure]
    2 Electric Ovens - cant access 240v without ripping ovens out
    1 16kwh EV - we charge @120v/10a [thinking to manage with hs-pa100+]?
    2 dishwashers
    1 dehumidifier 120v/7a managed by hs-pa100+

Again my goal is to limit the high draw devices to 1 at a time.

I have been thinking about finding a way to integrate this: https://sense.com/ but not sure if there is a better/cheaper approach within homeseer. Any ideas as to how I could improve what I currently have? Thanks!
Working...
X