Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 linux tts

Dear all,
    I'm testing HS3 under linux (raspbian on raspberry pi 3 B).

I'm a noob in linux.
    All seems to be ok, but for me is impossible to use speak function.

This is the error:
    Code:
    lug-13 12:02:37	 	Error	In Speak: ApplicationName='./speak_to_file.sh', CommandLine=''/home/pi/Downloads/HomeSeer/wave_files/2speak_temphst.wav' 'ciao ciao'', CurrentDirectory='', Native error= Cannot find the specified file-> at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo) [0x001ee] in :0 If playing an audio file to a CE device, the file MUST be a .wav file
    I created an event with "Speak something". ("ciao")
    HS3 linux latest version.

Welcome to the Homeseer forum khriss75.

Do you hear speech when Homeseer 3 starts up?

Homeseer startup script speech pieces are:

Code:
    sub Main(parm as object)
            hs.WriteLog("Startup", "Scripting is OK and is now running Startup.vb")
            ' Speak - uncomment the next line if you want HomeSeer to speak
            '         at startup.
            hs.Speak("Welcome to Home-Seer", True)
            ' speak the port the web server is running on
        Dim port As String = hs.GetINISetting("Settings", "gWebSvrPort", "")
        If port <> "80" Then
            hs.Speak("Web server port number is " & port)
        End If
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
      Welcome to the Homeseer forum khriss75.

Do you hear speech when Homeseer 3 starts up?

Homeseer startup script speech pieces are:

Code:
      sub Main(parm as object)
              hs.WriteLog("Startup", "Scripting is OK and is now running Startup.vb")
              ' Speak - uncomment the next line if you want HomeSeer to speak
              '         at startup.
              hs.Speak("Welcome to Home-Seer", True)
              ' speak the port the web server is running on
          Dim port As String = hs.GetINISetting("Settings", "gWebSvrPort", "")
          If port <> "80" Then
              hs.Speak("Web server port number is " & port)
          End If
      Pete,
      my raspberry is connected to hdmi monitor. I can hear youtube music but nothing from hs3.
      Checked the startup script and it is the same you posted in code.

HS3 running on raspberry (with raspbian installed) is connected with a very simple hstouch project in order to hear the speech.

here the log:
      Code:
      lug-13 17:06:59	 	Warning	In SpeakDev: ApplicationName='./speak.sh', CommandLine=''1 2 3'', CurrentDirectory='', Native error= Cannot find the specified file

During startup I see this error:
      Code:
      lug-13 17:04:03	 	Error	Compiling script Startup.vb: Visual Basic.Net Compiler version 0.0.0.5943 (Mono 4.0.1 - tarball) Copyright (C) 2004-2010 Rolf Bjarne Kvinge. All rights reserved. vbnc : Command line : error VBNC2017: The library 'Scheduler.dll' could not be found. There were 1 errors and 0 warnings. Compilation took 00:00:01.3360420
      Could be that I have not correctly installed HS3... I downloaded HS, exstract in download folder and started with "./go"

Or I need to try updating mono again... ?

I'm noob... sorry!

Comment

Easiest to shut down HS3.

Open up a terminal window and test speech manually.

Personally not sure what speech comes with the Zee2 today.

Test everything via command line to make sure it works.

Just looking above and it appears that you did a DIY installation of Homeseer 3.

The Homeseer 3 directory / Homeseer 3 does not come with Linux TTS as that is separate.

You need to know a bit about using the Linux command line to install speech.

Install flite this way:

sudo apt-get install flite

Test it via command line this way:

flite -t "hello this is Homeseer speaking"

create a speech test file text.

call it homeseerisspeaking.txt

put one line of speech in it: Hello this is homeseer speaking.

Then test speech again.

flite -f homeseerisspeaking.txt

Now just reboot your RPi or start your homeseer 3 typing ./go.

You should hear it talk. It works and is very robotic sounding.

You can purchase a linux speech font that sounds similiar to a microsoft sapi speech font.

Read over here about installing it and purchasing it.

Cepstral Linux Text to Speech fonts

Thinking I removed the DIY from the help part of the forum. It is posted on the Cepstral web site.

Here utilize Microsoft SAPI / speaker dot exe running in an Oracle Windows server Virtual box on main Homeseer 3 Pro server.

Using AT&T, Neospeech and Loquendo speech fonts. (including portuguese, italian and spanish).
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Very strange...
          Uploaded a wave file but no play it:

Code:
          lug-13 18:36:18	 	Warning	Wave file not found when speaking, file: Media/AlmightGod.wav
          lug-13 18:36:18	 	Error	In PlayWavFile: ApplicationName='./play_audio.sh', CommandLine='/home/pi/HomeSeer/Media/AlmightGod.wav', CurrentDirectory='', Native error= Cannot find the specified file
          lug-13 18:36:18	 	HSTouch Server	Unable to play file, cannot find file in Media or wave_files dir: Media/AlmightGod.wav
          lug-13 18:36:18	 	Event	Event Trigger "TEST speak"
          lug-13 18:36:18	 	Event	Event TEST speak triggered by the event page 'Run' button.

Comment

Yeah do not play with any Homeseer audio related stuff until you have the Linux OS audio working.

Homeseer running on Linux uses the Linux OS audio base. The installation of the Homeseer directory to the RPi does not include any sort of Linux drivers which come with the RPi builds like Wheezy, Jessie or Stretch.

Do the above testing via command line first. If that does not work then there will be no Homeseer audio of any sort.

If you want try the Zee2 posted download build of Homeseer 3. Once running shut it down and replace the directory /usr/local/HomeSeer with the HS3 Pro or Standard version.

This build includes all of the audio stuff needed and will work fine with any version of Homeseer.

How exactly did you build the RPi?

Please post every step you did to build your new Raspberry Pi Homeseer box.

A quickie summary:

1 - write a Stretch image to an SD card
            2 - update it
            3 - check the audio and install Flite
            4 - update it
            5 - install mono
            6 - update it
            7 - install HomeSeer in the /usr/local/HomeSeer directory

test run it ./go

All sound should work including text to speech.

After testing it then you can autostart Homeseer in a variety of ways.
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Ok Pete,
              first of all thank you so much for your interesting!!!

Connecting a speaker to 3.5mm jack now I can see all tts.

The only change was the command
              Code:
              amixer cset numid=3 1
              in order to set jack ad audio output.

Now work correctly, I can hear robotic voice.
              No errors in the homeseer log.

Now I can hear the voice on hstouch android client.

Is possible to try speech font before buy it?

Thank you for precious support!

Comment

Yes I tested it and it works.

Every time you test it though it states you have to purchase a license for it.

Each voice font is around $45 USD.
                Last edited by Pete; July 13, 2018, 01:18 PM.
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                X