Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I repeat TTS announcements on demand ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This works with tasker TTS as well, not directly but I just added another action to speak the same and send it to the PHONY speaker client.

One thing I havent got working yet, I have an event to execute a immediate command

&hs.speak("The current temperature is " & hs.devicevalueex(14) & " degrees" & " and " & hs.devicestring(341) & " and the forecast is " & hs.devicestring(350) & " with a minimum of " & hs.devicevalueex(352) & " degrees and a maximum of " & hs.devicevalueex(351) & " degrees", FALSE, "$SONOS$KitchenTTS$",PHONY)

This throws an error, it doesnt like the ,PHONY at the end

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
      This works with tasker TTS as well, not directly but I just added another action to speak the same and send it to the PHONY speaker client.

One thing I havent got working yet, I have an event to execute a immediate command

&hs.speak("The current temperature is " & hs.devicevalueex(14) & " degrees" & " and " & hs.devicestring(341) & " and the forecast is " & hs.devicestring(350) & " with a minimum of " & hs.devicevalueex(352) & " degrees and a maximum of " & hs.devicevalueex(351) & " degrees", FALSE, "$SONOS$KitchenTTS$",PHONY)

This throws an error, it doesnt like the ,PHONY at the end
      Try to put PHONY and comma within same double quotes as you have the Sonos stuff

Comment

&hs.speak("The current temperature is " & hs.devicevalueex(14) & " degrees" & " and " & hs.devicestring(341) & " and the forecast is " & hs.devicestring(350) & " with a minimum of " & hs.devicevalueex(352) & " degrees and a maximum of " & hs.devicevalueex(351) & " degrees", FALSE, "$SONOS$KitchenTTS$","PHONY")

produces the same error

Jul-24 20:31:46 Error Running script(2) &hs.speak("The current temperature is " & hs.devicevalueex(14) & " degrees" & " and " & hs.devicestring(341) & " and the forecast is " & hs.devicestring(350) & " with a minimum of " & hs.devicevalueex(352) & " degrees and a maximum of " & hs.devicevalueex(351) & " degrees", FALSE, "$SONOS$KitchenTTS$","PHONY"), init error: Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment: 'hs.speak'

Maybe I cannot specify 2 speaker clients in that command ?

I found it. It has to be

&hs.speak("The current temperature is " & hs.devicevalueex(14) & " degrees" & " and " & hs.devicestring(341) & " and the forecast is " & hs.devicestring(350) & " with a minimum of " & hs.devicevalueex(352) & " degrees and a maximum of " & hs.devicevalueex(351) & " degrees", FALSE, "$SONOS$KitchenTTS$,PHONY")

That seems to work

Comment

&hs.speak("The current temperature is " & hs.devicevalueex(14) & " degrees" & " and " & hs.devicestring(341) & " and the forecast is " & hs.devicestring(350) & " with a minimum of " & hs.devicevalueex(352) & " degrees and a maximum of " & hs.devicevalueex(351) & " degrees", FALSE, "$SONOS$KitchenTTS$","PHONY")

produces the same error

Jul-24 20:31:46 Error Running script(2) &hs.speak("The current temperature is " & hs.devicevalueex(14) & " degrees" & " and " & hs.devicestring(341) & " and the forecast is " & hs.devicestring(350) & " with a minimum of " & hs.devicevalueex(352) & " degrees and a maximum of " & hs.devicevalueex(351) & " degrees", FALSE, "$SONOS$KitchenTTS$","PHONY"), init error: Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment: 'hs.speak'

Maybe I cannot specify 2 speaker clients in that command ?

This way:
          "$SONOS$KitchenTTS$,PHONY")

Comment

Hm. Another strange one. In a script, hs.speak

These all work as intended:

hs.Speak("please open the bedroom windows ",true,"Lounge:tasker")
            hs.Speak("please open the bedroom windows ",true,"PHONY")
            hs.speak("Test", FALSE, "$SONOS$KitchenTTS$,PHONY")

This doesnt... weird

hs.speak("Test", FALSE, "Lounge:tasker,PHONY")

Comment

Hm. Another strange one. In a script, hs.speak

These all work as intended:

hs.speak("Test", FALSE, "$SONOS$KitchenTTS$,PHONY")

This doesnt... weird

Having multiple speaker clients in one speak action is something I think came later, or I may have missed its existence when HS3 came out. That means that whomever developed proxies or clients may have been in the same boat as I was, that I had to develop support for it, years after HS3 debuted. In this case, tasker may not have support for it at all. You can always double up on actions ie.

if this doesn't work
              this does the same

Just a bit more work....

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                Having multiple speaker clients in one speak action is something I think came later, or I may have missed its existence when HS3 came out. That means that whomever developed proxies or clients may have been in the same boat as I was, that I had to develop support for it, years after HS3 debuted. In this case, tasker may not have support for it at all. You can always double up on actions ie.

if this doesn't work
                this does the same

Just a bit more work....

Dirk
                Yes thats what I've done. As you said, just a bit more work but it does the job. But I'm glad its all working well. Thanks to everyone for the help.

Comment

Yes thats what I've done. As you said, just a bit more work but it does the job. But I'm glad its all working well. Thanks to everyone for the help.
                  So I assume you have repeat announcements working OK now?

Are you repeating announcements to 'all' clients or targeting specific clients such as Sonos etc?
                  Jon

Comment

Yes its all working fine. I added the PHONY client to my Sonos announcement groups, also added an extra action on my tasker announcements which sends the same announcement to PHONY. In my scripts, as per earlier post, if hs.speak sends to a Sonos group, I jus added ,PHONY. Sending hs.speak to a tasker group, I had to add another line of code with the same hs.speak action just sending to PHONY.
                    The PI has created devices for my Sonos clients (after adding them manually to the .ini, but they show speech which had not been sent there. So there is some sort of problem, but I did not have time to investigate and test a bit more. But I am only using the all devices, and they seem to show all TTS. I have also created a event, to repeat the last TTS (which uses the last TTS in all). Now I can say Alexa, repeat, and it will use Sonos to repeat the last TTS. Fantastic.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X