No announcement yet.

Event to lock doors once closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinking of implementing something like that as well. What if the zwave sensor is not working right, I had several minor issues with znet in the past. How do you know that the door did not lock?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by alphatech View Post
      I was thinking of implementing something like that as well. What if the zwave sensor is not working right, I had several minor issues with znet in the past. How do you know that the door did not lock?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
      After auto-locking the door once the door is closed I then run a script command to force a poll on the lock - if Z-Wave had one of its failure moments and the lock did not lock, this poll causes the lock to revert back to being unlocked.

As I have an event that triggers if the door is unlocked, but not opened, for 10 seconds - it then emails me and re-runs the lock door event (as conditions do not apply it doesn't wait for the door to close but instead locks door and triggers a poll event). If Z-Wave stays in a bad mood for a length of time this therefore meant the door repeated locks, fails, relocks, fails, and eventually successfully locks. Thus I find randomly when we head out that I get an email or two advising there were retries - but the lock always locks after at most 3 attempts.

Comment

Working...
      X