Alert on old data, device not checking in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alert on old data, device not checking in

How can I have HS3 trigger an event if a device value has not changed in a period of time?

I.e. I have a device that sends a status update every hour... but I want to know if HS3 hasn't seen an event for over X hours from that device.

Thanks,
    Marc

I can think of two ways to do it, but no one-step way.

- You could start a timer every time the device updates and then trigger an alert if the timer exceeds a limit.
    - Or, you could use a short script that you run with a recurring trigger. The script would check the device time of the device and trigger an alert if the value exceeds a limit.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
      I can think of two ways to do it, but no one-step way.

- You could start a timer every time the device updates and then trigger an alert if the timer exceeds a limit.
      - Or, you could use a short script that you run with a recurring trigger. The script would check the device time of the device and trigger an alert if the value exceeds a limit.
      Guess i'm learning scripting
      Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by marcusone View Post
        Guess i'm learning scripting
        I actually use the timer method, but I think you will find that learning to write scripts will be a valuable skill.

The example below alerts me with a text message once an hour if my weather station fails to report for over 15 minutes.
        Attached Files
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Great, thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X