Updates to HS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updates to HS?

Ok, I admit I am not the best searcher up here. But I just tried to use the android-based Homeseer Mobile app, and it tells me "my system number is not compatible. Please update from 3.0.0.459 to 3.0.0.460 or newer." OK. I'm a new user, just figured out how to add zwave devices.
    So I go searching every tab, link, and dropdown in HS3 looking for the "update" option. I cannot seem to find it. I did find a post up here, in the beta forum, pointing to an msi for .460, which I will next go avail myself of. I also found a text string in searching that infers I merely need to do a cold reboot and it will automagically get the latest and greatest version. Of course, it didn't when I did.
    Is there seriously no way to trigger an update other than finding the latest version release up on this bulletin board (old school, sorry) with a link to the update file? Really? Tell me I am blind, please, and point me in the easier direction for updates to homeseer? For example, why doesn't the Mobile app offer to trigger an update to the server? I expected to find the link to update HS3 in the "About", but I must be blind if it is there. Thanks for any help.

Originally posted by TexARC View Post
    Ok, I admit I am not the best searcher up here. But I just tried to use the android-based Homeseer Mobile app, and it tells me "my system number is not compatible. Please update from 3.0.0.459 to 3.0.0.460 or newer." OK. I'm a new user, just figured out how to add zwave devices.
    So I go searching every tab, link, and dropdown in HS3 looking for the "update" option. I cannot seem to find it. I did find a post up here, in the beta forum, pointing to an msi for .460, which I will next go avail myself of. I also found a text string in searching that infers I merely need to do a cold reboot and it will automagically get the latest and greatest version. Of course, it didn't when I did.
    Is there seriously no way to trigger an update other than finding the latest version release up on this bulletin board (old school, sorry) with a link to the update file? Really? Tell me I am blind, please, and point me in the easier direction for updates to homeseer? For example, why doesn't the Mobile app offer to trigger an update to the server? I expected to find the link to update HS3 in the "About", but I must be blind if it is there. Thanks for any help.
    There's no auto-update for BETA versions.

Download the file, Stop HS, install, have a good day

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
      Download the file, Stop HS, install, have a good day
      Sorry, I did not realize I was running a beta on the android app, rendering me dead in the water without being home to access the HS server directly. I don't really WANT to be on bleeding-edge beta stuff right now as I try to figure out how to use all this new gear. Umm, is .460 a beta or frozen/released code? Thanks for the "nice day" quip, it really gave me the warm fuzzies...

Comment

Originally posted by TexARC View Post
        Sorry, I did not realize I was running a beta on the android app, rendering me dead in the water without being home to access the HS server directly. I don't really WANT to be on bleeding-edge beta stuff right now as I try to figure out how to use all this new gear. Umm, is .460 a beta or frozen/released code? Thanks for the "nice day" quip, it really gave me the warm fuzzies...
        Sorry... it's late and I've been busy coding

.460 is the latest/greatest beta release in support of the brand new HS Mobile app. If you don't want to be bleeding edge then you may want to hold off on HS Mobile. If you really gotta have a mobile app and HSTouch isn't your thing check out HSBuddy. The mobile app and companion plugin work great for me and others have good results as well. It's a really good mobile app for HS.

Comment

I understand. I filled more than 100 prescriptions today, and it feels like I counselled on every single one of them. It's way too late tonite to figure out events...

Comment

Working...
          X