Deleting Cameras from setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleting Cameras from setup

I am trying to delete cameras from my Setup page and am unable to do so. There is a red x where you should be able to delete them, but nothing happens. Anyone else run into this or have a work around?
    Thanks!

I have this issue and someone else posted about it the other day but I don't recall who or in what forum. Tried to report the bug but the Bug Report link on the HS support page seems to be broken.

macromark What is the current procedure for reporting bugs--and if possible reviewing existing reports to see if it's already reported.

EDIT: Here's the other post.
    Last edited by Wade; August 7, 2018, 10:50 AM.
    -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
      I have this issue and someone else posted about it the other day but I don't recall who or in what forum. Tried to report the bug but the Bug Report link on the HS support page seems to be broken.

macromark What is the current procedure for reporting bugs--and if possible reviewing existing reports to see if it's already reported.
      Just send an email to 'support@homeseer.com'. A rep will review the report and add it to our bug system internally.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
        Just send an email to 'support@homeseer.com'. A rep will review the report and add it to our bug system internally.
        Thanks. Will do.
        -Wade

Comment

Are you guys running a beta version of HS3? If so try loading the release version and see if you can delete your cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
            Are you guys running a beta version of HS3? If so try loading the release version and see if you can delete your cameras.
            Do I have to uninstall the beta version? When I try to install the stable version over the beta the installer exits saying a newer version is already installed. I guess the answer is obviously yes, but want to be sure I'm taking the correct steps to roll back.
            -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              I loaded the release version .435 and the cameras tab responds differently but still not as expected. 1) it has now discovered by Amcrest cameras - good! 2) I still can't delete the fantom cameras by clicking the red X. It does seem to respond differently in that the red X is highlighted for a couple seconds after clicking, but then reverts to normal and nothing is deleted or otherwise changed. I believe with the beta version the X did not even highlight (although not 100% sure of this).
              -Wade

Comment

I'm away and won't be able to roll back for a while so I won't be much help.

Comment

Originally posted by Alconnell View Post
                  I'm away and won't be able to roll back for a while so I won't be much help.

I have an active ticket open with HS support and will report back with progress.
                  -Wade

Comment

I may have found a work around - I went into the cameras Names field and typed in gibberish, Submitted it and then deleted it and the cameras deleted. All but one are gone now. Give it a try!

Comment

If all else fails you should be able to go to C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Config (on windows) and edit the hspi_HSTouch.ini file and manuall delete the cameras listed within this file.

Comment

Originally posted by Alconnell View Post
                        I may have found a work around - I went into the cameras Names field and typed in gibberish, Submitted it and then deleted it and the cameras deleted. All but one are gone now. Give it a try!
                        This affirms my guess that the funky filename was causing problems. Here's more detail about my situation in another thread.

Support was very responsive and ultimately helpful...with same instruction Rupp gave in the post above this one.
                        -Wade

Comment

Thanks Rupp! Will do when I'm back home as I'm enjoying using HS Mobile very much!

Comment

Working...
                          X