Events triggering other events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Events triggering other events

Trying to debug something and may have just had an epiphany...to help minimize event duplication, I'm putting a set of behaviors into their own events (e.g. alert me when door is unable to lock - I put into its own event with a manual trigger, then I call that event on a delay from lots of other events).

However, it appears that when I trigger the event from another event (using "run another event"), then it bypasses the conditions on the event I'm triggering (as though I was testing it manually from the GUI).

Is that how it's supposed to be working? If so, how can I trigger an event from another event but ensure the conditions are evaluated?

Originally posted by larrywal32 View Post
    Trying to debug something and may have just had an epiphany...to help minimize event duplication, I'm putting a set of behaviors into their own events (e.g. alert me when door is unable to lock - I put into its own event with a manual trigger, then I call that event on a delay from lots of other events).

However, it appears that when I trigger the event from another event (using "run another event"), then it bypasses the conditions on the event I'm triggering (as though I was testing it manually from the GUI).

Is that how it's supposed to be working? If so, how can I trigger an event from another event but ensure the conditions are evaluated?
    Take a look at this thread. You must select the box "Run Only if Other Event Conditions are True" under advanced options.

This and much more information is in the Event Clinic forum. Look at the Table of Contents post for topics that are covered.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks rprade. Appreciate the links.

Comment

Working...
      X