HS3 Events missing triggers from backup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 Events missing triggers from backup

I recently had to replace my Hometroller SEL. I am faithful at taking system backups using the Tools/setup/general/backup-restore function. I replaced the failed SEL with a Zee S2V4. I went through the setup procedure and got the Zee operational with all plugins operational. I proceeded with the restore function. At first glance, all looked fine with devices and events restored. However, on further inspection, I found that event triggers ("If" statements) were not present in any of my events. I have 38 events total. Doesn't sound like a lot. However, these events were written over the years (I have been a HS2/3 user since 2007). Getting back into the mindset for each of these events to come up with the exact trigger logic will be tedious.

Up to this point, I have not had any issues with Homeseer products. I like the Homeseer controller and control program and feel it is superior to anything on the market. It baffles me that this issue could be injected between releases of HS3. Backup/restore is a critical function. At the very least, this functionality should be at the very top of release regression testing to make sure no problems were introduced.

I now have 19 printed pages of events to go thorough and get functioning as they were prior to the SEL going casters up.

I hope nobody else has to experience this issue.

Don I.

Originally posted by seerbeliever View Post
    I recently had to replace my Hometroller SEL. I am faithful at taking system backups using the Tools/setup/general/backup-restore function. I replaced the failed SEL with a Zee S2V4. I went through the setup procedure and got the Zee operational with all plugins operational. I proceeded with the restore function. At first glance, all looked fine with devices and events restored. However, on further inspection, I found that event triggers ("If" statements) were not present in any of my events. I have 38 events total. Doesn't sound like a lot. However, these events were written over the years (I have been a HS2/3 user since 2007). Getting back into the mindset for each of these events to come up with the exact trigger logic will be tedious.

Up to this point, I have not had any issues with Homeseer products. I like the Homeseer controller and control program and feel it is superior to anything on the market. It baffles me that this issue could be injected between releases of HS3. Backup/restore is a critical function. At the very least, this functionality should be at the very top of release regression testing to make sure no problems were introduced.

I now have 19 printed pages of events to go thorough and get functioning as they were prior to the SEL going casters up.

I hope nobody else has to experience this issue.

Don I.
    I believe the Sel runs under Linux as does the Zee. It may be that the Mono versions are different between the two. If that is the case, you would have to export and import events via JSON, something you cannot do with a dead SEL. This is one of the problems with mono attempting to emulate the .net framework. With mono prior to v5 you could not backup and restore between Windows and Linux, but with v5 it now works. The same issue happens between mono v4 and v5.

The JSON import/export (under "Labs") works as far as I know. It might be possible to somehow get your old configuration running under mono 4, export the events via JSON, then import them back into the Zee via JSON. Or maybe someone with a system on mono 4 could load your database and export the events for you. I am not running Linux, so I cannot help. .
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

- thanks for posting this resolution (even though i wasn't the original poster)! I just migrated my system from the SEL Pro to a VM running windows 10 and ran into the same issue with events. I am happy to report i used the export and copied to my QNAP NAS the JSON file and then shared it to my HS3 VM and moved it into the html folder and was successful in importing into the new windows HS3. thanks

Comment

Working...
      X