Error with HS3 on linux (raspbery) with hs.geturl command

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error with HS3 on linux (raspbery) with hs.geturl command

I'm testing linux HS3 (trial) on a pi3 and I'm now having trouble with hs.GetURL in my events or .vb script. No issue with same script/command on Windows HS3

On starting log I can see

Code:
    Compiling script Startup.vb: Visual Basic.Net Compiler version 0.0.0.5943 (Mono 4.0.1 - tarball) Copyright (C) 2004-2010 Rolf Bjarne Kvinge. All rights reserved. vbnc : Command line : error VBNC2017: The library 'Scheduler.dll' could not be found. There were 1 errors and 0 warnings. Compilation took 00:00:00.8964430
    My command: (works fine on windows HS3)
    Code:
    &hs.geturl("https://autoremotejoaomgcd.appspot.com","/sendmessage?key=APxxxxxxxxxxxxKLEsoxxxxxxxPN-qxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxtAZbDCxxxxOL-TKU&message=sblxxxxxmo&password=xxxxxxxx", False, 80)
    The error (as for the starting):
    Code:
    Compiling script /tmp/K2.vb: Visual Basic.Net Compiler version 0.0.0.5943 (Mono 4.0.1 - tarball) Copyright (C) 2004-2010 Rolf Bjarne Kvinge. All rights reserved. vbnc : Command line : error VBNC2017: The library 'Scheduler.dll' could not be found. There were 1 errors and 0 warnings. Compilation took 00:00:00.5852600
    Checking the mono version i can see

Code:
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ mono --version
    Mono JIT compiler version 4.6.2 (Debian 4.6.2.7+dfsg-1)
    Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
        TLS:           normal
        SIGSEGV:       normal
        Notifications: epoll
        Architecture:  armel,vfp+hard
        Disabled:      none
        Misc:          softdebug
        LLVM:          supported, not enabled.
        GC:            sgen
    Is a fresh HS3 installation on rp1.

Any help?

Thanks Cris.

EDIT: reinstalled HS3 on new raspberry raspbian jessie pixel but error again...
    Last edited by khriss75; August 12, 2018, 11:12 AM.

I'm noob on linux but I'm pushing to find a solution.
    A new installation, new check... same error.
    Reading on forum could be a mono version to generate error.
    My mono version is 4.6.2, in the error log I see "Mono 4.0.1 - tarball" ....

I'd like to move my automation from windows to linux but no idea to solve this issue...

I used this guide: https://forums.homeseer.com/node/101235/page2 post #21 but no lucky.

Code:
     [TABLE="cellspacing: 0"]
    [TR]
    [TD="align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000]ago-13 14:44:45[/COLOR][/TD]
     			[TD="align: left"] [/TD]
     			[TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000]Error[/COLOR][/TD]
     			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000]Compiling script /tmp/K1.vb: Visual Basic.Net Compiler version 0.0.0.5943 (Mono 4.0.1 - tarball) Copyright (C) 2004-2010 Rolf Bjarne Kvinge. All rights reserved. vbnc : Command line : error VBNC2017: The library 'Scheduler.dll' could not be found. There were 1 errors and 0 warnings. Compilation took 00:00:00.5476930[/COLOR][/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    EDIT AGAIN: HS3 start automatically (configuration as guide). If I shutdown HS and restart it (no RSPI restart) no Scheduler.dll error.
    Could be that I need to use a sleep (10 seconds) before HS autostart in /etc/rc.local?
    Last edited by khriss75; August 13, 2018, 08:14 AM.

Comment

How are you starting the HS3 application? See this post: https://forums.homeseer.com/node/123...87#post1237387

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
        How are you starting the HS3 application? See this post: https://forums.homeseer.com/node/123...87#post1237387
        In rc.loacl I added "only"
        Code:
        sudo mono /home/pi/HomeSeer/HSConsole.exe $
        But in my noob word should be same...

Now I try with your suggestion.

EDIT: zwolfpack, you saved me!!! 2 days spent to solve this issue.
        What the difference between
        Code:
         export LANG=en_US.UTF-8
        cd /home/pi/HomeSeer
        mono HSConsole.exe
        exit 0
        and
        Code:
        sudo mono /home/pi/HomeSeer/HSConsole.exe $
        Is the "export LANG=en_US.UTF-8" the solution?

Thanks a lot for your help!!! Thanks thanks!

Comment

Good you got it working.
          It's necessary to start with the working directory set to the HS3 root directory, hence the 'cd ... ' command. The program HSConsole.exe expects to find libraries that it needs (Scheduler.dll and others) in it's working directory. The rc.local script's working directory is the root directory ("/") so when its started the other way HS3 won't be able to find it's DLL's and so throws a fit.
          Not sure if the localization setting (LANG=...) actually is required; I included that because the HomeSeer scripts have it. I don't run HS3 on Linux so can't verify that. What's posted is a simplification of how its done on the ZeeS2.

Also, a '$' at the end of the line is a syntax error. Guessing you meant '&', which would start the command in the background. That's not necessary in this case because the application does that itself.

Comment

Thank you for all information!
            Cris

Comment

Are you using a Systemd service to launch Homeseer on boot. Might be best to use Mono 5x too.

Comment

concordseer ok, I'll try Mono 5x after a backup.

@all: why this error?
                Code:
                 [TABLE="cellspacing: 0"]
                [TR]
                [TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000]Aug-17 7:11:35 AM[/COLOR][/TD]
                 			[TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000] [/COLOR][/TD]
                 			[TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000]Error[/COLOR][/TD]
                 			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000]Exception saving grammar data to file /home/pi/HomeSeer/Grammar/Grammar_Data_raspberrypi#kindle.hs : Sharing violation on path /home/pi/HomeSeer/Grammar/Grammar_Data_raspberrypi#kindle.hs[/COLOR][/TD]
                 		[/TR]
                [/TABLE]
                Could be related to Mono V4.x or somthing other? For a test, I already deleted the ghrammar.hs file but error remain

Comment

Working...
                X