Updating the server IP address on myhs.homeseer.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updating the server IP address on myhs.homeseer.com

Swap computer with new IP... myhs.homeseer.com is looking at the old address. What's the best approach to update this?

Originally posted by dannieboiz View Post
    Swap computer with new IP... myhs.homeseer.com is looking at the old address. What's the best approach to update this?
    If it is still the same license number and HS is running with MyHS enabled, it should automatically update the MyHS server with the new address.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

the new PC has a couple Virtual NIC but HomeSeer is set to bind to the physical NIC. It keeps on redirecting me to the virtual NIC.

I just disabled all the virtual NIC and leave only the physical one active and it just updated fine. Hopefully it doesn't randomly redirect to one of the other NIC later.

Comment

Having the same issue, the HomeSeer servers are not updating to IP of the new machine? Anyway to force update, or is there an interval their systems update to the new IP on my machine?

Comment

It should send the correct IP on startup and will update frequently while running. Look at “About HomeSeer” and see what it thinks the LAN IP is. This is what MyHS should be reporting. If it is incorrect due to multiple NICs, you can bind your system to the correct one under the “Labs” tab in setup.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
          X