Database Error on Startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Database Error on Startup

Well, looky here, looks like you guys have a database problem too! Hopefully this will post in spite of the foulup.

I get the following error in startup:
    Aug-15 7:40:19 AM StartupLoading configuration file ...
    Aug-15 7:40:19 AM DatabaseOpening (Mode=Read Only) up HomeSeer database C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data\HomeSeerData.hsd
    Aug-15 7:40:19 AM WarningDatabase failed to open, waiting then retrying...attempt to write a readonly database attempt to write a readonly database
    Aug-15 7:40:24 AM WarningDatabase failed to open, waiting then retrying...attempt to write a readonly database attempt to write a readonly database
    Aug-15 7:40:29 AM WarningDatabase failed to open, waiting then retrying...attempt to write a readonly database attempt to write a readonly database
    Aug-15 7:40:34 AM WarningDatabase failed to open, waiting then retrying...attempt to write a readonly database attempt to write a readonly database

System seems to be operating OK, just wondered what that might be about?

Jim Speiser
    38-year veteran of Home Automation
    Still don't know squat

Check the permissions on the file and make sure it's not read only.

Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Nope. Not read-only.

Jim Speiser
      Still don't know squat

Comment

Do you have an anti-virus package running? If so it could be locking the file while scanning it.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Add the HomeSeer directory to the exclusion list of the anti-virus software.
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

This somehow resolved itself, or at least has not recurred on subsequent startups. I will abandon this issue for now. Thanks.

Jim Speiser
            Still don't know squat

Comment

Careful you're not seeing the beginning of a disk failure. No need to mention a backup to you at this stage.

Comment

OK, thank you for that warning, I shall take heed.

Jim Speiser
                Still don't know squat

Comment

Working...
                X