unable to upgrade HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unable to upgrade HS3

I'm running on HS3 3.0.0.368. Tried to upgrade to the current release but it fail to install.

I've tried both "modify" and repair" but both way receives and error "failed to upgrade HomeSeer"

I've also tried to close the application before beginning the process and still get the same error. I'm surprise it doesn't have a button to "upgrade"

Go to Tools=>Setup and under "Other Settings" check the box for "Check for HS3 update at startup". Restart HS3. When the update prompt appears, wait until HS3 finishes starting, then close HS3. Answer the update prompt. This process will get you the latest "general release" version. If you need a beta, just download the .msi for the beta. Have HS3 NOT running when doing the update.
    Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

There is a program in the Homeseer HS3 folder named 'HS3Updater.exe' With HS shut down, double click that program. It should check for and install the latest version. Is that what you have been trying when you get the errors?
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I've tried it both ways and none would work.

I've done both suggested methods prior to posting here.

Launch HS3... Get the update prompt -> close HS3 after it fully loads -> Insure HS3 isn't running in the process, also close out the speak client - Follow the prompt and was only greeted with "Modify, Repair, or Remove"

Modify- Results in update failed error per screen shot below
        Repar - result in factory resetting the installation but HS3 shows the new version - restoring from backup reverts HS3 to the version of the backup.

Click image for larger version

Name:	upgrade prompt.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	1242515Click image for larger version

Name:	update error.png
Views:	225
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	1242516

Comment

Try this if you are still running the restored backup of .368.
          • Download the installation file for the version you want. 3.0.0.460 is the newest beta and it has been very stable for me. You can download it here: https://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_460.msi The most current production release is 3.0.0.435 http://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_435.msi
          • Shutdown HomeSeer.
          • Stop the HSSentry service if it is running. The Task Manager will show if it is running. If it is not stopped, it may try to restart HomeSeer after a minute or so. This can cause the installation to fail.
          • Copy the file HomeSeer HS3\Config\licenses.bin to a safe location. This file stores all of your HomeSeer and plug-in licenses.
          • Launch the installer. If it prompts you only for "Modify, Repair, or Remove", choose "Repair".
          • After it finishes the repair and before starting HomeSeer, place the backed up licenses.bin back in the Config directory.
          • Start HomeSeer. all should be good.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
            Try this if you are still running the restored backup of .368.
            • Download the installation file for the version you want. 3.0.0.460 is the newest beta and it has been very stable for me. You can download it here: https://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_460.msi The most current production release is 3.0.0.435 http://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_435.msi
            • Shutdown HomeSeer.
            • Stop the HSSentry service if it is running. The Task Manager will show if it is running. If it is not stopped, it may try to restart HomeSeer after a minute or so. This can cause the installation to fail.
            • Copy the file HomeSeer HS3\Config\licenses.bin to a safe location. This file stores all of your HomeSeer and plug-in licenses.
            • Launch the installer. If it prompts you only for "Modify, Repair, or Remove", choose "Repair".
            • After it finishes the repair and before starting HomeSeer, place the backed up licenses.bin back in the Config directory.
            • Start HomeSeer. all should be good.
            This did the trick... I'm on ver 460. Now lets hope nothing's broken from this update.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by dannieboiz View Post

This did the trick... I'm on ver 460. Now lets hope nothing's broken from this update.

Thank you.
              Glad I could help.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
              X