Event Trigger Delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event Trigger Delay

Any idea what would cause a huge delay of 40 seconds from Kitchen PIR to Event Trigger?? This is happening more & more often!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ashampoo_Snap_21 August 2018_18h08m11s_001_.png
Views:	54
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	1242519

Was HS busy with any other task? Can you post a screenshot of the Lights On event?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Here's the Event. There wasn't anything else going on at the time. Click image for larger version

Name:	Ashampoo_Snap_21 August 2018_20h17m48s_002_.png
Views:	74
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	1242542

Comment

I cannot think of any reason for the delay. Is the delay repeatable, intermittent, a one-time thing?
        One thing that comes to mind as a troubleshooting aid would be to add another action to the event. It could be something as simple as a WriteLog statement - just a way to determine if it's the event or the event action that is harboring the delay. If both actions are delayed, it points to something in the event. (Try deleting it and recreating it from scratch.) If only the switch change is delayed, then the problem may be in the physical switch or the HS device associated with the switch or communication between HS and the switch.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
          I cannot think of any reason for the delay. Is the delay repeatable, intermittent, a one-time thing?
          One thing that comes to mind as a troubleshooting aid would be to add another action to the event. It could be something as simple as a WriteLog statement - just a way to determine if it's the event or the event action that is harboring the delay. If both actions are delayed, it points to something in the event. (Try deleting it and recreating it from scratch.) If only the switch change is delayed, then the problem may be in the physical switch or the HS device associated with the switch or communication between HS and the switch.
          Cheers Uncle Michael, I'll try writing to the log and see if it throws up anything. It's not repeatable, but it is happening more often than it used to, and it happens across the estate with various PIRs not triggering the event for a few seconds. When it happens, I usually reboot the HS3 host 'server' and it is fine for a while after that.

Cheers
          Scott

Comment

Working...
          X