Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible to pair two dimmer switch to act like a 3 way switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible to pair two dimmer switch to act like a 3 way switch?

I have a little situation where running a new wire is not possible.

My bathroom with 2 separate things sharing one wire, the lights and the vent fan. Long story short, I want to be able to dim the lights but the problem is it'll also affect the vent fan since they are sharing one line.

The solution is to use 2 dimmers and 1 on/off switch. One dimmer on the wall and a dimmer and the on/off switch at the split.

Getting the wall switch to toggle both to turn on/off is no issue with the help of a creative event. However, I'd like to be able to dim the lights from the wall switch. Can I associate the two dimmers to respond to each other as one? If I dim one the other dim etc..?

The wall switch will carry no load, it'll just be an used to control the other two.

I'm having a hard time conceptualizing how you have this wired. However see if this video on how to sync two dimmers might be helpful.

HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
    Number of Devices: 1005
    Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

That's exactly what I need. Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X