Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Import" graphics into a Virtual Device?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Import" graphics into a Virtual Device?

Is there anyway to like "import" a lot's of graphic symbols into a Virtual Device?

Example: I have a few (6) virtual light sensors that in a combination of ways control the lightning indoors. It started out easy enough, as it always does, with something like "Virtual Light Sensor" (summery of 5 different light sensors combined, plus one exterior) and then a "Virtual Turn Down Level" (a VD that holds the turndown level) which of course created a 3rd VD: "True Dim Level". And well we could continue to include all the others. However it would be rather nice to get the graphics from say another VD or something - without having to define them manually - just import the "structure" so to speak since they all have the exact same base definition on light level? But with 6 of them I am a bit lazy....

Any ideas?

It might require backing up a bit and perhaps no less effort depending on how much other development you've done with them so far, but you could start with one virtual device as a template with the graphics set, then copy and modify that device to create the others.
    -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
      It might require backing up a bit and perhaps no less effort depending on how much other development you've done with them so far, but you could start with one virtual device as a template with the graphics set, then copy and modify that device to create the others.
      tell me....where is the ability to copy a virtual device in HS3? I have never seen such a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by wadesready View Post

tell me....where is the ability to copy a virtual device in HS3? I have never seen such a thing.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	68
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	1244387
        -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	68
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	1244387
          wow thanks I never noticed that before....

Comment

NICE - I have missed this too!!

Comment

My Tag plugin also has a utility to copy status pairs from an existing device to a virtual device, but if you already created one by hand, then the 'copy' above should work for you.

Comment

Working...
              X