HS3 very slow to shut down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HS3 very slow to shut down

I am doing a lot of work upgrading to HS3 from HS2. Every time I need to restart HS3, it takes 5 mins to shut down. The log entries quickly shut everything down but the splash screen remains another 5 mins. Can anyone suggest a fix?

Originally posted by jono View Post
    I am doing a lot of work upgrading to HS3 from HS2. Every time I need to restart HS3, it takes 5 mins to shut down. The log entries quickly shut everything down but the splash screen remains another 5 mins. Can anyone suggest a fix?
    Yep! Annoying as heck! I usually go into Windows Task Manager and kill it.

Comment

Take a look at Task Manager on the HS machine during shutdown. I think you will find that one - or several - plug-ins are failing to terminate. It appears that HS waits several minutes before killing their processes so it can close. I would be surprised if the plug-in author(s) are not aware of the problem, but for some reasone have not, or cannot, fix it.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

Working...
      X