mixed device status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mixed device status?

Not sure why but the status of BLbackup is showing on the status line of my kitchen lights? Any idea what happened?

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_25.png
Views:	60
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	1245485

On the 'Options' tab there is a field for the RefID of the device you want to use for status tracking. Do you have the correct ID entered? Click image for larger version

Name:	DCode.PNG
Views:	108
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	1245517
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I never changed that, mine just says q1. leaving it blank and restarting HS3 doesn't change it

Comment

Did you create a virtual device that you want to use to track backup status? If you have one, try entering the RefID for that device in the Options field. Or create a new one.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

it's weird, I created a new VD change the RefID in BLBackup, then manually ran the backup, now both devices are having similar updates.

Click image for larger version  Name:	screenshot_26.png Views:	2 Size:	50.1 KB ID:	1245536Click image for larger version  Name:	screenshot_27.png Views:	1 Size:	13.1 KB ID:	1245537

Comment

You could try restarting the plug-in and/or restarting HS. If neither of those fix the problem, you need to ask your question on Bob's (Blade's) site: http://www.bladeplugins.com/

Comment

If a restart doesn’t change the behavior, post a screenshot of both device’s Advanced page and of the BLBackup Directories page.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

So what happen is the device no longer updates, but that status remains there and doesn't go away.

Comment

Originally posted by dannieboiz View Post
                  So what happen is the device no longer updates, but that status remains there and doesn't go away.
                  Could you be more specific? Which device, the Z-Wave or virtual? Can you post the screenshots I asked for above?

Comment

You probably need to null the device string of the erroneous device. &hs.SetDeviceString(nnnn, "", True)

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post

You probably need to null the device string of the erroneous device. &hs.SetDeviceString(nnnn, "", True)
                      That is likely and is the reason I wanted to see screenshots. That way we could confirm as we both suspect that BLBackup set the Z-Wave device's string. I suspect that the Z-Wave device might have the code Q1 which likely started the problem.

I never changed that, mine just says q1. leaving it blank and restarting HS3 doesn't change it
                      I also wanted to see if he had configured BLBackup properly because of post #5 above.

it's weird, I created a new VD change the RefID in BLBackup, then manually ran the backup, now both devices are having similar updates.

Click image for larger version Name:	screenshot_26.png Views:	2 Size:	50.1 KB ID:	1245536Click image for larger version Name:	screenshot_27.png Views:	1 Size:	13.1 KB ID:	1245537
                      By saying that both devices updated with BLBackup and seeing that both devices were updated 4 seconds apart, I am confused as to how it could affect both devices.

While it won't cause any problems, the virtual device is not setup correctly. Per the help[ file:
                      • User can configure a device code for each backup directory to keep track of the status of the backup for the directory. The device values are as follows:
                        • 0 - Fail
                        • 1 - Success
                        • 2 - In Progress

Last edited by randy; September 6, 2018, 10:53 AM.

Comment

To clear it up for everyone... I reported that both devices are updating when I noticed the status on both devices. My last response is after I recognize that both devices weren't update, it's correctly updating the device now. So the original solution does work. However, the old (incorrect) device that has the status did not clear.

I'm not sure exactly how or what Uncle Michael solution is done but it sounds like to null the device is to clear it? If that's the case then this is the solution.

Here's the new VD I created and it's updating perfectly.

Name:	BL Backup VD.png
Views:	62
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	1245896

Here's the option for BLBackup that's in question, it matches the VD

Name:	bl backup options.png
Views:	70
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	1245897

and here's the device that trigger the original post, noticed the Last backup has not updated since I made the change. So changing the Ref ID works. Just need to clear status to make it look normal. It's all cosmetic at this point. Click image for larger version

Name:	kitchen light backup status.png
Views:	54
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	1245898

Comment

To reset string you can use a script as Mike suggests in the control panel enter &hs.SetDeviceString(nnnn, "", True) replacing nnnn with the RefID of the device or create a manually triggered Event controlling the device with the string you want to clear.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	26.2 KB ID:	1245903

Click on the red airplane if it is there, then as it shows in the Event Set Device String to: Clear

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture1.PNG Views:	1 Size:	30.5 KB ID:	1245904

Run the Event and the string is cleared. Delete the Event.

Comment

thanks guys, excuted the command in the control panel did the trick.... looking good again.

Comment

Working...
                            X