Detect Screen Saver State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Detect Screen Saver State

With HS2 I used tenHsDesktop to detect when my windows screensaver was activated to control devices in my office. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, tenHsDesktop is not compatible with HS3.

Does anyone know of a way to detect the state of the screen saver?

I use EventGhost to check for desktop activity and send that to HS for events.

Comment

If you go to my site (click on my banner below), download "Jon00 Tray Control" from the HS3 downloads section. That has an integrated Keyboard and Mouse sensor which you can define the delay when the keyboard/mouse is not in use. This changes the state of a Homeseer device which you can use to trigger events.
      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post
        I use EventGhost to check for desktop activity and send that to HS for events.
        EventGhost looks interesting. I'll have a look at it when I have more time. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
          If you go to my site (click on my banner below), download "Jon00 Tray Control" from the HS3 downloads section. That has an integrated Keyboard and Mouse sensor which you can define the delay when the keyboard/mouse is not in use. This changes the state of a Homeseer device which you can use to trigger events.
          This may work for me, Thanks for responding and for coding this. What I have is 42" 4k Seiki TV that works perfectly for me as a monitor. It turns itself off just fine about 10 minutes after the Win10 screen saver turns the screen dark, the problem is that it will only turn back on manually via the power button. I was using a motion detector to sense occupancy in my office to "plug in" and "unplug" the monitor with a Z-Wave plug in module. The TV remembers it's settings and can be set to come back on by itself after losing power. My initial tests worked well and the program senses keyboard and mouse activity even with the desktop was locked and was s bit faster than the motion detector at turning the Z-Wave module on.

Going to let everything sit overnight. Hoping it turns on for me in the morning after my Office PC and the other computer running HS3 have slept for a while. (Update. Worked great this morning. Module came on the instant I moved the mouse.)

FYI I see no banner below your post. Had to find your site with Google.
          Last edited by Panamon; September 7, 2018, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Panamon View Post

FYI I see no banner below your post. Had to find your site with Google.
            Odd, you should see the following. Something must be blocking it. What browser are you using?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capturebanner.PNG
Views:	79
Size:	292.0 KB
ID:	1246126

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

Odd, you should see the following. Something must be blocking it. What browser are you using?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capturebanner.PNG
Views:	79
Size:	292.0 KB
ID:	1246126
              I'm using Chrome. Tried it with Ad-Blocker on and off. No joy.
              Weird. I must have an extension in Chrome blocking it because I shows up fine when I use IE Explorer.

On another note, you seem very skilled at HS3 and its inner workings. Can you please take a look at this and see if you have any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Panamon View Post

On another note, you seem very skilled at HS3 and its inner workings. Can you please take a look at this and see if you have any ideas?
                Just an idea, If you see a suitable entry in the HS Log when operating you device, you can always use my Log monitor to trigger your blink routine.

Jon

Comment

Working...
                X