What is the latest version of HS3 Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the latest version of HS3 Pro

It has been a while since I have been on this board. It is so confusing right now and hard to find the information I want to. What I want to know is what is the latest released software version of HS3 Pro. I have 3.0.0.425 for windows 10. I am on auto update and want to make sure it is keeping me up to date. Is there a link to this question?
    Thanks Dave...

3.0.0.435 is the newest production release. You can find that by clicking on the download link on homeseer.com. For beta releases you can check the Beta Release Notes thread which is kept mostly current. That thread shows 3.0.0.470 as the latest beta, but 3.0.0.473 was posted in one thread and is available.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thank You, I wonder why mine did not update during the last reboot a week ago? I have it checked to check for udates and do them on startup. I will download the latest, will it update my present version?

Comment

Originally posted by wolfe4656 View Post
        Thank You, I wonder why mine did not update during the last reboot a week ago? I have it checked to check for udates and do them on startup. I will download the latest, will it update my present version?
        Yes it will update your current version but I would recommend backing up your current HS3 folder in case you want to roll back.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp, thanks for getting back. I backup the config file all the time will that do or should I also make a copy of the whole HS folder too.

Comment

Rupp, thanks for getting back. I backup the config file all the time will that do or should I also make a copy of the whole HS folder too.
            If you are installing a beta, you should backup the entire directory structure. That is the only way to easily roll back to a prior version. HomeSeer will not let you install a lower numbered version over an installed version. There is another way to roll back, but it is neither easy nor intuitive.

See this post from Rich
            Important Please Read about Betas

November 14th, 2006, 09:37 AM
            Before installing any of our Betas, you agree to the following by downloading and installing this software. If you do not agree to this, then please, do not install.

* I will fully backup my entire HomeSeer folder before installing the beta. I am technical enough that I can backup and restore folders without a problem.

* I understand that installing a beta build could render my HomeSeer install, as well as my entire PC useless.

* I will not run beta software on any system that contains critical information that I cannot afford to lose.

* If I have problems with the beta software I will post as much information as possible so that HomeSeer can re-create the issue. This includes log files and possibly configuration files if requested by HomeSeer

Comment

HS (Windows) does not update automatically, it only prompts you on the desktop of the computer HS is running on and only when it is starting. Even then you will need to download it and stop HS to install.

Comment

I used to get the prompt and would select the update but the last few times I don't even get the prompt it just starts up like there is no update. I will just download the newer version. Thanks for everyone's help.

Comment

There is an option on the General tap of HS3 Setup to 'Check for HS3 Update at Startup'. Do you have that checked?
                  You can also run the update program manually. (I find that works better for me.) The program is in the main HS directory, named 'HS3Updater.exe'. Just shut down HS, and run the updater. I put a shortcut to it on the desktop to make it even easier
                  Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                  HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thanks , and yes I do have that checked on the setup. But I will do as you say and find the HS3Updater.exe and do.

Comment

If you want to use the latest version of HomeSeer mobile you need to use at least .470...I'm running .473

Comment

Thanks, I have not setup HS mobile yet still using HS touch. I need to get back up to speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                          There is an option on the General tap of HS3 Setup to 'Check for HS3 Update at Startup'. Do you have that checked?
                          You can also run the update program manually. (I find that works better for me.) The program is in the main HS directory, named 'HS3Updater.exe'. Just shut down HS, and run the updater. I put a shortcut to it on the desktop to make it even easier
                          I have it checked on mine, yet my versions still remains at 3.0.0.435, HS3 Pro. I will have to try the manual update.

Comment

Originally posted by Rtmatthew View Post

I have it checked on mine, yet my versions still remains at 3.0.0.435, HS3 Pro. I will have to try the manual update.
                            Anything greater than .435 is a beta version so you are already at the latest public release. All beta versions have to be manually updated. If you do decide to install the beta, make sure to backup your entire Homeseer directory first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                            HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                            Plugin's:
                            BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                            EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                            weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
                            X