Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One switch to rule them all

Hi guys,
    new to homeseer (on trial) so trying to make my way around HS3.
    I have 3 thermostat radiators (z-wave) in the room. I would like to have a single control to set the target temp on all of them to the same value (so I do not have to set all 3 independently).
    I suspect there must be various ways to do it but what would be the best way?

Thks for helping out

You can do it with scripting calls or with Spud's Easy Trigger plug-in. With Easy Trigger you would simply build a Virtual Device that mimics a thermostat setpoint.

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture.png Views:	1 Size:	64.6 KB ID:	1247547

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture2.png Views:	1 Size:	8.0 KB ID:	1247548
    Then create an Event that is Triggered by the Virtual Device being set. When the Device is set three Actions using the Easy Trigger "Set Device to Another Device..."

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture1.png Views:	1 Size:	43.2 KB ID:	1247549

With this you could control as many thermostats as you desire with one device.

Click image for larger version

Name:	capture3.png
Views:	82
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	1247551
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thank Randy got it now. Read your thread on Virtual devices...very well done/written. You got me started alright there.

Comment

Working...
      X