Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Integration with any instant messaging service?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Integration with any instant messaging service?

Have been digging around in the forum... can't find anything recent... anyone know of any way (plugin would be great...) to integrate a messaging service (whatsapp, telegram, etc) into HS3? I'm very keen on interacting remotely with my installation using a channel like this...

Thx

Sandro
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548| Plug-Ins Enabled: Sonos 3.1.0.57, RFXCOM 30.0.0.45, X10 3.0.0.62, IPThermostat 3.4.5.0, Pushover 3P 0.0.0.54, Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206, Z-Wave 3.0.10.0, BLML2HS 2.0.28.0, mcsMQTT 6.12.4.0, Insteon 3.0.7.19​​ | Win 7 32-bit | Intel Atom D2550 @ 1.86GHz 4GB RAM

The Pushover plugin works well. There used to be a PushBullet plugin but it's no more. I have been thinking of a Telegram plugin for a while but I don't know how many would be interested or use Telegram.

Comment

I'm already using the pushover plugin for notifications, and it works great. I want to be able to "chat" with HS, querying for the status of certain items, running events, controlling devices, etc. If I had time I would definitely setup a Telegram bot and develop the code to interact with it...

Unsure how many would be interested, I think it would be really cool... perhaps a poll to gauge interest?
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548| Plug-Ins Enabled: Sonos 3.1.0.57, RFXCOM 30.0.0.45, X10 3.0.0.62, IPThermostat 3.4.5.0, Pushover 3P 0.0.0.54, Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206, Z-Wave 3.0.10.0, BLML2HS 2.0.28.0, mcsMQTT 6.12.4.0, Insteon 3.0.7.19​​ | Win 7 32-bit | Intel Atom D2550 @ 1.86GHz 4GB RAM

Comment

Originally posted by pyspilf View Post
        I'm already using the pushover plugin for notifications, and it works great. I want to be able to "chat" with HS, querying for the status of certain items, running events, controlling devices, etc. If I had time I would definitely setup a Telegram bot and develop the code to interact with it...

Unsure how many would be interested, I think it would be really cool... perhaps a poll to gauge interest?
        So you want a "Mobile App"? What elements of HS Mobile are missing for you? I know the app is still in beta but it has all of what you have mentioned and more is being added.

Comment

Telegram has been mentioned once before and I briefly looked at the API for it many years ago, I'm not sure that many people wish to type and talk to their system vs. audio control.

Comment

For the HS mobile, and similar solutions, I'm not that keen on setting up the UI to my liking (already invested a large amount of time on doing this with MainLobby and Blade's plugin for some touchscreens at home) -- I was looking for a lean text-based interaction like a chat... that's why something like a Telegram interaction would seem a good fit... similar to how you would interact with a IVR but based on chat... does it make sense? LOL

Comment

For the HS mobile, and similar solutions, I'm not that keen on setting up the UI to my liking (already invested a large amount of time on doing this with MainLobby and Blade's plugin for some touchscreens at home) -- I was looking for a lean text-based interaction like a chat... that's why something like a Telegram interaction would seem a good fit... similar to how you would interact with a IVR but based on chat... does it make sense? LOL
              I get what you're looking for. Look at the current HomeSeer Mobile beta. It or the HSBuddy app would probably fit what you want. Lean and to the point no customizing needed.

On the other hand I'm still thinking of the telegram plugin.... not sure again how many would be interested.

Comment

Thx for the input. If you do get round to that plugin... let me know, will be happy to test, help how I can, etc.

Comment

If I do I'll post about it.

Comment

Hello, I too could 'do' with a telegram plugin.

Comment

I saw a demo somewhere where telegram was integrated. Probably the most attractive aspect was that it gave the user questions and prompts ie I see you’re getting up would you like some music then they could hit buttons yes/no. Honestly I’d love to see that and have it expanded to voice interactivity

Comment

Just written a simple python script that allows me to send out messages to a telegram bot id

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
                          I saw a demo somewhere where telegram was integrated. Probably the most attractive aspect was that it gave the user questions and prompts ie I see you’re getting up would you like some music then they could hit buttons yes/no. Honestly I’d love to see that and have it expanded to voice interactivity
                          I think that was a Fibaro ad and I think it was with messenger (facebook)

Comment

Big5 plug-in for HS3 has integration with Slack Instant Messaging platform. In addition to that Big5 supports REST API so if you are in a mood to do some tinkering with other platforms that have API you can do that too. Telegram for example has free API to use.

Comment

Quite easy to setup with python, it even has its own module. I had it working but dropped it because i use HS Mobile and Google Assistant now.
                              Not sure if I still have the sources.

What would be useful for example might be to push my security cam images to a group whenever the alarm goes off. That might something I'll do after I've finished some of my other projects :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X