Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MyHS Service keeps connecting

Hello all,

I'm having an issue with HS3 Pro constantly trying to connect with the MyHS Service. Because of this I'm unable to connect through the MyHS Service but also setup up PHLocation.

This is what the log is saying. I have recently installed Homeseer on a new server where my licence (which I've replaced with xxxxxx) was accepted okay.

Any help would great
    Sep-25 20:40:50 Info System connected to MyHS Service successfully with license ID xxxxxx.
    Sep-25 20:40:50 Info System connected to MyHS Service, waiting for acknowledge...
    Sep-25 20:40:17 Info System connected to MyHS Service, waiting for acknowledge...
    Sep-25 20:39:44 Info System connected to MyHS Service, waiting for acknowledge...
    Sep-25 20:36:13 Info System connected to MyHS Service successfully with license ID xxxxxx.
    Sep-25 20:36:13 Info System connected to MyHS Service, waiting for acknowledge...
    Sep-25 20:32:42 Info System connected to MyHS Service successfully with license ID xxxxxx.
    Sep-25 20:32:42 Info System connected to MyHS Service, waiting for acknowledge...
    Sep-25 20:32:09 Info System connected to MyHS Service, waiting for acknowledge...
    Sep-25 20:28:37 Info System connected to MyHS Service successfully with license ID xxxxxx.
    Sep-25 20:28:37 Info System connected to MyHS Service, waiting for acknowledge...
    Sep-25 20:28:04 Info System connected to MyHS Service, waiting for acknowledge...
    Sep-25 20:24:33 Info System connected to MyHS Service successfully with license ID xxxxxx.
    Sep-25 20:24:33 Info System connected to MyHS Service, waiting for acknowledge...
    Sep-25 20:24:00 Info System connected to MyHS Service, waiting for acknowledge...
    Sep-25 20:23:27 Info System connected to MyHS Service, waiting for acknowledge...
    Sep-25 20:19:56 Info System connected to MyHS Service successfully with license ID xxxxxx.
    Sep-25 20:19:56 Info System connected to MyHS Service, waiting for acknowledge...
    Sep-25 20:19:23 Info System connected to MyHS Service, waiting for acknowledge...
    Sep-25 20:18:49 Info System connected to MyHS Service, waiting for acknowledge...
    Sep-25 20:18:16 Info System connected to MyHS Service, waiting for acknowledge...
    Sep-25 20:17:43 Info System connected to MyHS Service, waiting for acknowledge...
    Sep-25 20:17:10 Info System connected to MyHS Service, waiting for acknowledge...
    Sep-25 20:16:37 Info System connected to MyHS Service, waiting for acknowledge...
    Sep-25 20:13:54 Info System connected to MyHS Service successfully with license ID xxxxxx.
    Sep-25 20:13:54 Info System connected to MyHS Service, waiting for acknowledge...
    Sep-25 20:10:22 Info System connected to MyHS Service successfully with license ID xxxxxx.
    Sep-25 20:10:22 Info System connected to MyHS Service, waiting for acknowledge...
    Sep-25 20:06:51 Info System connected to MyHS Service successfully with license ID xxxxxx.
    Sep-25 20:06:50 Info System connected to MyHS Service, waiting for acknowledge...
    Sep-25 20:06:17 Info System connected to MyHS Service, waiting for acknowledge...
    Sep-25 20:02:26 Info System connected to MyHS Service successfully with license ID xxxxxx.
    Sep-25 20:02:26 Info System connected to MyHS Service, waiting for acknowledge...
    Sep-25 20:01:53 Info System connected to MyHS Service, waiting for acknowledge...
    Sep-25 19:58:22 Info System connected to MyHS Service successfully with license ID xxxxxx.
    Sep-25 19:58:22 Info System connected to MyHS Service, waiting for acknowledge...
    Sep-25 19:54:51 Info System connected to MyHS Service successfully with license ID xxxxxx.
    Sep-25 19:54:51 Info System connected to MyHS Service, waiting for acknowledge...
    Sep-25 19:54:25 Info System connected to MyHS Service, waiting for acknowledge...
    Sep-25 19:51:20 Info System connected to MyHS Service successfully with license ID xxxxxx.
    Sep-25 19:51:19 Info System connected to MyHS Service, waiting for acknowledge...
    Sep-25 19:51:03 Info Plugin PHLocation has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:52047
    Sep-25 19:50:46 Info System connected to MyHS Service, waiting for acknowledge...
    Sep-25 19:50:13 Info System connected to MyHS Service, waiting for acknowledge...
    Sep-25 19:50:13 Info Starting the MyHS Service...
    Sep-25 19:50:10 Info Stopping the MyHS Service...
    Sep-25 19:48:36 Info Plugin PHLocation with instance: has disconnected
    Sep-25 19:47:40 Info System connected to MyHS Service successfully with license ID xxxxxx.
    Sep-25 19:47:39 Info System connected to MyHS Service, waiting for acknowledge...
    Sep-25 19:47:38 Info Plugin Z-Wave has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:51781
    Sep-25 19:47:38 Info Plugin Pushover 3P has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:51779
    Sep-25 19:47:38 Info Plugin PHLocation has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:51777
    Sep-25 19:47:37 Info Remote plug-in API interface started on port 10400

Is the old server still online? Having two instances running the same license doesn't play well.

Ran into this recently. Have been evaluating HS3-Linux on a Raspberry Pi, and did a fresh install but neglected to disable the MyHS connection on the test system. Couple hours later, discovered Alexa couldn't control the lights, which led to realization that no clients could connect thru MyHS. Took awhile to realize it was all self-inflicted....

Comment

Sadly no

I wasn't aware that you needed to disable the MyHS on the old one. I was under the impression that if Homeseer is not running then the connection could not be made with my licence id.

Is there a way around this or would an email to Homeseer themselves be able to resolve this?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr TJD View Post
        I was under the impression that if Homeseer is not running then the connection could not be made with my licence id.
        This is correct. If HS3 isn't running on both, this is not your issue. FWIW, you can have it running on both during the transition, as long as only one is enabled to connect to MyHS at a time. Tools->Settings->Network tab, under "MyHS Remote Access Settings" - first entry "Enable remote access...". Make sure only one is enabled at a time.

Comment

That's the thing, the other server is offline and HD's wiped clean now.

Things now get more strange.

I turned off PH Location as a test as well as Pushover, and this has now stopped. It've been near 24 hours since the last connection (as in my original post).

Ill turn on Pushover tonight (uk time) and see what happens, if nothing then I'll try PH Location and keep an eye on the logs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr TJD View Post
            That's the thing, the other server is offline and HD's wiped clean now.
            That's good, no issue there.

Is your system Windows or Linux? What results do you get from command
            Code:
            ping connected2.homeseer.com

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
              That's good, no issue there.

Is your system Windows or Linux? What results do you get from command
              Code:
              ping connected2.homeseer.com

I'm using Windows as I'm more familiar with that Os. I have been tempted to learn others like Linux but MacOs and Windows will for now lol.

When sending a ping to connected.homeseer.com I send 4 packets and receive 4 also. Thanks for the tip to check that though

I have turned on PHLocation and that is now working fine.

I have no idea what was causing this to go belly up, but I guess I'll never know why. I guess it's something to do with the connection between my server and the main HS Server.

Who knows lol.

Comment

Working...
              X