Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to manually exclude a device from events (temporarily)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am out of town, wife is not tech savvy..
    i.e., I have an A/C unit that compressor is bad. Power is pulled to it. Thermostat is currently set to off, but the next event is going to turn it to auto, which will cause the fan to run, circulating hot air. These events also control the other units in the house. Is there way to go manually exclude a device from all events that it is in? Maybe on the devices page? or "lock" it's current state so events cannot change it?

There really isn’t a way to globally exclude a device. You can stop individual actions that control a device by changing “Then” to “Never”. When I need to do what you describe I filter the events on the device and disable either the entire event or individual actions controlling the device. Then reverse the process when the item is working again.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

What I do for some devices that I want to run on a schedule, but could have maintenance issues (like my fountains) is to create a virtual device that I include in the events. So in your case something like an 'Automatic HVAC Control Enabled' and then in your conditions at a test for 'and Automatic HVAC Control is not off' Its not ideal if your event controls a bunch of unrelated devices, but if the events are bit more specific this gives you a general way to handle it. One nice feature is you can expose these on something like HSTouch under a maintenance page and then have a fair chance a non-technical partner could turn off the virtual device stopping your events.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I think a nice feature would be: On the devices page, and way to select a device and say "exclude from all events" or "ignore events actions"

Comment

Originally posted by bsobel View Post
          One nice feature is you can expose these on something like HSTouch under a maintenance page and then have a fair chance a non-technical partner could turn off the virtual device stopping your events.
          This is exactly how I am doing it :-)

Comment

A simple solutiuon would be to copy the event, disable the original and then delet the device from the copy. When you want to go back, disable the coipe then enable the original.

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post
              A simple solutiuon would be to copy the event, disable the original and then delet the device from the copy. When you want to go back, disable the coipe then enable the original.
              I guess. I do like brain storming for ideas. But still potentially having to do this for multiple events, and then remembering all the ones to undo.

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post
                This is what i do too.

Comment

Working...
                X